SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Train Engineer Tries to Crash Train Into USNS Mercy Hospital Ship
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Train Engineer Tries to Crash Train Into USNS Mercy Hospital Ship Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
That dude isn't playing with a full deck. A Mercy Ship isn't even armed.

flashguy

A boat full of amputees?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have toured its sister ship, the Comfort. It's impressive. Both were built from converted oil tankers, so they are huge.
Question: How does one purposely derail a train?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
In the aftermath of the train crash and Eddie Moreno’s arrest, his wife started a GoFundMe to ask for help

Of course she did. Roll Eyes

And, homo sapiens being completely misnamed as a species, I'd bet it's not empty. Eek

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I have toured its sister ship, the Comfort. It's impressive. Both were built from converted oil tankers, so they are huge.

Likely the end of the siding track for whatever pier the ship is at ends in the direction of the ship. So he likely punched the speed and just ran off the end and thought momentum would take him the entire way.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess there is only one possible response to this - banning of all trains over ten cars in the State of California. Add the urban terrorism charge to that of train-wrecking and he's looking at spending the rest of his life watching trains on Youtube.

However, I'd just like to say, from a furriner's perspective, that's it's really heartening to see that the Golden Gate State can still produce wackos of such cosmic ineptitude.

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The Little Engineer that Couldn't. I think I can, I think I can, just a bit outside.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:

Likely the end of the siding track for whatever pier the ship is at ends in the direction of the ship. So he likely punched the speed and just ran off the end and thought momentum would take him the entire way.

If you look at the video and a map, looks like he sped up going around a turn, with the locomotive running off at the apex of the turn. He basically whipped the engine right off the track.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of thezoltar
posted Hide Post
Well, you know, if you can take a train to Hawaii....

======
...welcome to the barnyard...some animals are more equal than others

Posts: 952 | Location: Utah | Registered: May 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
From the story sounds like he told the FBI all about his Loco Motive....

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
From the story sounds like he told the FBI all about his Loco Motive....

LOL...Most excellent...Big Grin

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

You are doing it wrong

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
That dude isn't playing with a full deck. A Mercy Ship isn't even armed.

flashguy

That is an understatement, this dude is only playing with one card and it's bent.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It’s really too bad he was taken alive - all he is now is an unwanted and unneeded distraction from the tasks at hand.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhtagmember,

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
That's, just, well, what in the world...?

quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
his Loco Motive

well played.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How are they going to get the train out of there? Google-fu is showing a locomotive weigh a metric-shit-ton? You cant just put the thing on a tow truck.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
How are they going to get the train out of there? Google-fu is showing a locomotive weigh a metric-shit-ton? You cant just put the thing on a tow truck.

They’ll use cranes to lift and move it.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'd build tracks leading back to the tracks it came from and drag it on to the new tracks with a couple of bulldozers on each side. But that might be as effective as telling it to get off my lawn for all I know.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scuba Steve Sig:
Sounds like California needs to work on some train control legislation.

Nailed it Steve! Big Grin

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Dodgers fan!!

Posts: 3499 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post