SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Train Engineer Tries to Crash Train Into USNS Mercy Hospital Ship
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Train Engineer Tries to Crash Train Into USNS Mercy Hospital Ship Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/...es/story?id=69926172

Investigators arrested a California train engineer Tuesday after he allegedly derailed a train in a bid to crash into the USNS Mercy, the hospital ship treating non-COVID-19 patients at the Port of Los Angeles to lessen the burden on area hospitals, prosecutors said.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw this and thought- Total whackjob.

quote:
Train Engineer Arrested For Derailing Train Near USNS Mercy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja2LtltJujA
We've all seen what COVID19 does onboard a ships. The Mercy Ships are there to treat trauma patients to lessen the burden on the area hospitals.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Missed it by that much

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
That dude isn't playing with a full deck. A Mercy Ship isn't even armed.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
I saw this and thought- Total whackjob.

quote:
Train Engineer Arrested For Derailing Train Near USNS Mercy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja2LtltJujA
We've all seen what COVID19 does onboard a ships. The Mercy Ships are there to treat trauma patients to lessen the burden on the area hospitals.

Did anybody read the comments on this posted video? Wow! I mean WOW! Some truly crazy people in there.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Photo of the nut job in this report.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/04...ia-train-usns-mercy/

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Talk about going off the rails on a crazy train. Eduardo es muy loco. Eek

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3960 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A whackjob in Kali doing nutzoid shit? And who is surprised by that? Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Can we just go ahead and execute this whack job and move on to the important business at hand?

Posts: 1217 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess he didn't quite understand locomotives have limited off-rail capability... Roll Eyes

Posts: 14630 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
How in the flappity-flop can a train steer towards something else when it is off the tracks?

And how would one think this would work in the first place?

Train Engineer? Fool just screwed himself out of a well paying job, especially in this time.

Posts: 11836 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Immediately made me think of Sacha Baron Cohen.
https://youtu.be/CHD1N9vtPlE?t=187

Posts: 21092 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
Can we just go ahead and execute this whack job and move on to the important business at hand?

I second the motion. Seriously.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
He's gonna learn all about a whole new kind of train in the federal pen.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He ended up 250 yards short of his target. That would be a long way to go when derailed.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
What kind of idiot tries to crash a train into a ship????

Oh, him....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Sounds like California needs to work on some train control legislation.

Posts: 2512 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
What kind of idiot tries to crash a train into a ship????

Oh, him....

A Moreno?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Gonna need more speed and wings.
BIG wings

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12390 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:

I second the motion. Seriously.
That close to the water, a couple cinder blocks and a small length of rope could have resolved this issue permanently...and quickly.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post