SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Coca Cola Wants Everybody to ''Try to be Less White'
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coca Cola Wants Everybody to ''Try to be Less White' Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
How did that shit work out for Rachel Dolezal?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Ironically, there ain't nothin' in the world more oppressive, arrogant, and certain than the woke crowd.

Yep. They are so accepting and welcoming and tolerant...that they can't abide free discussion.

What Coke actually needs is for their people to "Be Less Woke" but there's not a closet industry of targeted-demographic losers pushing that kind of training. Wink

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
Wow. Every week, some new bullshit like this.

^^^^
This.

Every. Week.

My wife and I have reverted back to our childhoods' and drink Shasta products (if we drink soft drinks at all at home).
The trouble is in eating out. Most times I choose iced tea, but with fast food the choice is often only a Coke or Pepsi offering.
OK, water then.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Need to change the company name from Coke to Woke...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
A perfect recipe for losing market share. I like it.

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
It's all about marketing. Coke is trying to expand on a demographic they may not be doing well in. The bean counters have already done the math for projected market loss and gain ... I know, math is racist Roll Eyes

Back in 1985, Coke screwed with the formula and lots of people rejected the New Coke. They changed the name to Coke II in 1992 and discontinued it in 2002. My point is, while we're here on page 5 of declarations to shun Coke in the future, don't expect much reaction from Coke. Coke's pockets run deep and it took 17yrs to correct their previous product rejection. Still, I'll hurt 'em hard as I can.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
If I'm being less white, then I must be being more something else? Isn't that cultural appropriating? I thought that was most bad?

Send your emails today... "As a white person who purchases Coca Cola, I will start being less white today, starting with not buying Coca Cola." Wink

Best answer here.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coke is probably spot on with the demographic they are doubling down on.

Do you drink several gallons of sugar laden soda every week? I don't either.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I am so sick of this shit. If you push black things you are a hero.

You're not alone my friend.

Has anyone watched the new Target commercials where they praise black inventors?

'kay. As a furriner, still not too certain of 'black' history in the field of inventiveness, please name me ten great inventions by black inventors.

Hmmm, five?

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Coke is probably spot on with the demographic they are doubling down on.

Do you drink several gallons of sugar laden soda every week? I don't either.
I drink 3-4 Diet Cokes a day. I don't plan to stop. I'm about as "White" as I can be, and I don't plan to stop that, either. I don't like Pepsi, and I wouldn't be surprised if they took the same idea. Royal Crown and Diet Rite were also good, but not easily available near me. I hate coffee, so my caffeine addition is satisfied by cola drinks. (And yes, I know it's not good for me.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
'kay. As a furriner, still not too certain of 'black' history in the field of inventiveness, please name me ten great inventions by black inventors.

Hmmm, five?

Traffic signals
Peanut Butter
Home security systems
Refrigerated trucks
Color PC monitors

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Has anyone watched the new Target commercials where they praise black inventors?

Hmmm, five?

It’s not difficult to find a large list of these. What pisses me off is the people that constantly point out such things. “Oh hey a black person invented that!” Ok, it’s not a big deal. They don’t need participation trophies for everything they do. It comes across as condescending IMO. Almost like these woke morons expect everyone to be surprised when a minority displays intelligence. Never once in my life have I heard a great idea and thought, “Holy shit! Never expected a black person to come up with that!” Jeez....

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hmmm, five?
I'm not Black, but I can do that for you. Wkiipedia has a nice list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ntors_and_scientists. I'll pick a few for you:
1. George Washington Carver (worked with peanuts)
2. Percy Lavon Julian (synthesized human hormones from plants)
3. Archie Alexander (Civil Engineer, noted for bridges)
4. Alice Augusta Ball (Chemist, extracted treatment for Leprosy)
5. Patricia Bath (Ophthalmologist, inventions for cataract surgery)
6. Henry Blair (patents for seed and cotton planters)
7. James A. Harris (co-discoverer of elements 104 and 105)
8. Alexander Miles (automatic electric elevator doors)
9. Garrett Morgan (early gas mask; three-light traffic signals)
10. Granville Woods (synchronous railway telegraph)

Another good source: https://www.thoughtco.com/blac...gh-the-years-4145354

Happy? Personally, I don't think it matters who invented something, or their ethnicity--if I use it or benefit from it, I'm just happy someone did.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I'm going to ask a potentially offensive question but I think it has technical merit although I don't know the correct technical terms.

For the black americans that are noted for inventions, did they have a mixed genes in their history? Or purely african rooted genes?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Every flipping day I get closer and closer to just saying screw it, living off grid and ignoring the world.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The critical race theory, white privilege, and "woke" absurdities are driving people who are fair minded and concerned citizens to become less and less sympathetic to "social justice" issues.

I see a massive negative reaction building to all this bullshit from an army of grifters and opportunists to steal tax dollars. People who were once sympathetic, just don't care anymore.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Whereas previously I may have been indifferent to several categories commonly enumerated in socio-economical-political contexts, I am now becoming more polarized. The woke community has awakened me, and not in the way they wanted.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
If your goal is to eliminate racism, it seems counter-productive and counter-intuitive to make every statement, event, political race, et al about race.

Then of course there is the absolute hypocrisy of the ideas that gay, pride, black pride, Mexican pride, Asian pride, etc. are all good and culturally beneficial yet straight pride and white pride are evil, exclusive, racist, etc.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
If your goal is to eliminate racism, it seems counter-productive and counter-intuitive to make every statement, event, political race, et al about race.

Then of course there is the absolute hypocrisy of the ideas that gay, pride, black pride, Mexican pride, Asian pride, etc. are all good and culturally beneficial yet straight pride and white pride are evil, exclusive, racist, etc.

What you seem to be saying is that a society favorably biased toward any and every minority, and at the same time is unfavorably biased against whites, double bias against white males, such approach will not solve racism in our country.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post