SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Coca Cola Wants Everybody to ''Try to be Less White'
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coca Cola Wants Everybody to ''Try to be Less White' Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted
In my case, it will be less red and white...

Coca-Cola has used a training video by antiracist activist Robin DiAngelo that tells employees to “try to be less white,” according to “unwoke activist” Karlyn Borysenko based on information from what she says is a company whistleblower.

Employees are told in the “what you can do” section that to “be less white” one can:

Be less oppressive
Be less arrogant
Be less certain
Be less defensive
Be less arrogant
Be more humble
Listen
Believe
Break with apathy
Break with white solidarity

The list thus implies that all white people are, by their very skin color, oppressive, defensive, arrogant, apathetic, and so forth.

Note the Coca Cola logo in the upper right of the screen shot.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
So, be a bitch?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Seems pretty racist of the anti-racist to tell people to be less like themselves.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like it matters who delivers Coke to my grocery store. First thing I think about. Really?? Robin is a Caucasian Senior Citizen with an advanced degree.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm just contrary enough that I might try to be more that way, just for spite.

Robin has an "advanced degree"? Obviously not in a useful field.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
If I'm being less white, then I must be being more something else? Isn't that cultural appropriating? I thought that was most bad?

Send your emails today... "As a white person who purchases Coca Cola, I will start being less white today, starting with not buying Coca Cola." Wink

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Robin is a bigot

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Her book also mentions it is racist for white women to cry in front of African American males.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that’s that for coca-cola and their associated products in my house.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
"Be less arrogant, be less arrogant, be more humble"? You first, lady.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Fuckum.

"No Coke, Pepsi" in this house anyway. And the amount of Pepsi consumed in a year would't fill a 6 pack.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Guess Coke is going to need to make grape soda flavored Coke.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Be less oppressive
Be less arrogant
Be less certain
Be less defensive
Be less arrogant
Be more humble

Seriously wtf. Every fucking group at work is like this. Gays. Women. White. Latino. Black (actually more than anyone). India Indian ( also big time). Asian especially Chinese.

These are universal HUMAN traits manifested by all groups. Any company seeking market growth. Any person climbing the ladder.

I swear there is something in the fucking water.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Employees are told in the “what you can do” section that to “be less white” one can:

Be less oppressive
Be less arrogant
Be less certain

Ironically, there ain't nothin' in the world more oppressive, arrogant, and certain than the woke crowd.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I'm just contrary enough that I might try to be more that way, just for spite.

Robin has an "advanced degree"? Obviously not in a useful field.

flashguy

I not only might try, I guarantee you I will try and I'll succeed.

Must be something about the username we share...

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I’ve always been a bigger fan of RC, but I better do some research on them, too, I guess.
Ugh. Seriously, though, what are these people thinking?

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
A good way to gauge the results of all this virtue signaling will be to see how Coke's profit margin fares in the long term if this gets lots of notice in the mainstream. If they lose money, you'll know it's not well received.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Seriously wtf. Every fucking group at work is like this. Gays. Women. White. Latino. Black (actually more than anyone). India Indian ( also big time). Asian especially Chinese.

These are universal HUMAN traits manifested by all groups. Any company seeking market growth. Any person climbing the ladder.

I swear there is something in the fucking water.

If they try to put me in one of these classes I will file an ethics complaint for violation of our treatment of others policy. Stereotyping by race is wrong no matter what race it is.

Posts: 4690 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
I've been telling my friends to be less their way and we'd all get along better ...
So far it hasn't been received very well nor worked at all.

Ps, pull your damn pants up

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
This sounds like someone is incredibly intimidated by whites if they are asking them to me more docile and to not look out for their best interests.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post