SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Coca Cola Wants Everybody to ''Try to be Less White'
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coca Cola Wants Everybody to ''Try to be Less White' Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
Every flipping day I get closer and closer to just saying screw it, living off grid and ignoring the world.

This.

I sent them a short email today....only used two sailor words...”remove your collective heads from your asses, and FFS”...

I’m sure I won’t get a response.

But I won’t buy their stuff-I guess I’ll drink the remaining rum I have straight and not replace it.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Is there such a thing as rum and RC?

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
Emailed and informed them no more Diet Coke for me ( a staple in my fridge as well as Dasani water.)

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Well, Coca Cola is taking a beating for this program.

It's a terrible thing to group people in such broad categories (like black or white) and then say they all are alike - and that one group or another is "bad." Terrible in that it is divisive and untrue. My experience is that there are good people of all colors and persuasions, and some bad people mixed in there too.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Sent a email informing them that my family will longer purchase there products.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Replying to MikeinNC and darthfuster, both of whom posted re same topic just above on this page: rum & coke is not the only way to do it.

I lived / worked in Puerto Rico for a few years, the really good rum was laughingly cheap (no taxes) in the Pueblo supermarkets where we did our grocery shopping. There was a lime tree in our back yard. The go-to drink was rum and tonic, Schweppes if we wanted to spend the money for it, or a store brand if we were feeling frugal. Add a squeeze of lime and you have a great drink for a hot day.

Or, throw some rum, lime juice, a banana, and some ice in a blender. Whir it around for a bit and pour into a cocktail glass.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I just sent them this message. Stupid should hurt:

“I’ve decided to be “less white” and no longer purchase any of your products (coca cola, Dasani water, etc). Thank you Coca Cola Company for enlightening me!”

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Gov. Northam tried to be less white before it was cool.

Someone more skilled than me with Photoshop needs to do the meme.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I don't drink pop any way but coke can kiss my ass.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they do the Wakanda salute at corporate?

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Coke is probably spot on with the demographic they are doubling down on.

Do you drink several gallons of sugar laden soda every week? I don't either.

Marketing is being pushed around this demo. That is the RCA. It's being done in soft drinks, vehicles, you name it. As some of us age out of this primary demographic, well there is a cultural shift to wrap marketing around these "woke"generations. I'm seeing it with everything. Vehicles, it's ADAS (advanced driving assistance systems) because gen y, z, millennials have phone addiction problems. Look at the amount of "apps" available now from everything from renting a house, a room, a car, etc, millennials again. I'm seeing in home theater also where the manus are scrapping the middle ground. They are keeping the high end stuff for people with deep pockets, cutting the middle in favor of cheap shit like basic soundbar systems because millennials are cheap SOB's who spend all their free cash on iDevices, clothes and being super social. Everything is going the woke way.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I am so sick of this shit. If you push black things you are a hero.

You're not alone my friend.

Has anyone watched the new Target commercials where they praise black inventors?

'kay. As a furriner, still not too certain of 'black' history in the field of inventiveness, please name me ten great inventions by black inventors.

Hmmm, five?
I'm not Black, but I can do that for you. Wkiipedia has a nice list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ntors_and_scientists. I'll pick a few for you:
1. George Washington Carver (worked with peanuts)
2. Percy Lavon Julian (synthesized human hormones from plants)
3. Archie Alexander (Civil Engineer, noted for bridges)
4. Alice Augusta Ball (Chemist, extracted treatment for Leprosy)
5. Patricia Bath (Ophthalmologist, inventions for cataract surgery)
6. Henry Blair (patents for seed and cotton planters)
7. James A. Harris (co-discoverer of elements 104 and 105)
8. Alexander Miles (automatic electric elevator doors)
9. Garrett Morgan (early gas mask; three-light traffic signals)
10. Granville Woods (synchronous railway telegraph)

Another good source: https://www.thoughtco.com/blac...gh-the-years-4145354

Happy? Personally, I don't think it matters who invented something, or their ethnicity--if I use it or benefit from it, I'm just happy someone did.

flashguy

Thanks for that. My ignorance appals me on occasion. All Americans, right?

Not black Americans, just Americans. Maybe that's why I couldn't find them.

Lists of famous inventions and their inventors, like me, are colour-blind.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
would it be ironic if the rest of the world actually aspires to be white in America? Outside of perhaps Canada, Australia and Europe?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I don't know of anyone who had a choice as to what 'color' they were born. We don't get to chose our parents.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Is there such a thing a Mexican Pepsi?

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

You can get real sugar Pepsi Throwbacks all day long.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Thanks, haven't seen those but I've not looked for them either. Every now and then we'll get Mexican Cokes, definitely better. Many years back I'd start the day with a Coke instead of coffee but my stomach is way past that now.

I always preferred RC Cola anyway except they needed more carbonation.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've cut-back on my soda intake about 10-years ago, don't even buy it for the home and barely ever order it when out. Not gonna miss Coke.

Its too bad Coca Cola went with the extreme training company, we just recently went through our own Unconscious Bias training. Rather than browbeat us with mythological racial discrimination claims, it was more focused around managers shitting on handicapped or, expectant parent employees and, lewd and inappropriate comments, issues which are much more likely to occur.

Posts: 14573 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

I have also seen 'throwback" Mt. Dew for sale, but not on a regular basis.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Please Lord, don't let any of my favorite Bourbon makers get woke Frown

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post