SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Coca Cola Wants Everybody to ''Try to be Less White'
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coca Cola Wants Everybody to ''Try to be Less White' Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
IMO, "sexual harrassment" involves physical contact or actual discrimination. "Sticks and stones . . . ."

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
IMO, "sexual harrassment" involves physical contact or actual discrimination.

Tell that to a woman who's been the victim of persistent unwanted sexual advances from a colleague, or worse, a superior.

The problem is, just like the BS described in the OP, the left has taken legitimate sexual harassment issues and made everything to which a female might conceivably object "sexual harassment."

During my last few years of employment I got out of the habit of complementing women at work when, for example, they tried a new hairstyle and it looked really good, or they were wearing a particularly pleasing scent, or what-have-you.

Still held doors and offered to carry heavy stuff for them, though Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MikeinNC:
This is the response I got from my email to Coke....
“ Mike, Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company,

Throughout the past few days, you have likely seen inaccurate reporting on the content of our recently launched Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training program.

The video in question was not part of the Company’s curriculum but was accessible on a third-party platform used for the training. We took immediate action and removed any links from the Company recommended training playlist that could lead employees to that content. We do not support the idea of anyone being less of themselves.

Our business is driven by employees of different genders, ages, abilities, orientations, races, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and countries of origin. All of these dimensions add to our networked way of working, learning and leading.

We will make sure that we are addressing any opportunities for improvement and continue the dialogue to ensure all voices are heard and respected.

Kind Regards,
The Coca-Cola Company
Consumer Interaction Center, North America”

Oh and thanks Vtail for the recipe for the new rum drink.[/QUOTE^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is the same response that I received just yesterday in response to my un-flattering e-mail to corporate leaders. They can back pedal and blame anybody else they wish but it will not change my feelings towards their wokeness. Now if the would come out in all media formats and give a true sorry that we --cked up still would not care. They made thier bed now they can sleep on the thorns. .................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
This is the response I got from my email to Coke....
“ Mike, Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company,

Throughout the past few days, you have likely seen inaccurate reporting on the content of our recently launched Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion training program.

The video in question was not part of the Company’s curriculum but was accessible on a third-party platform used for the training. We took immediate action and removed any links from the Company recommended training playlist that could lead employees to that content. We do not support the idea of anyone being less of themselves.

Our business is driven by employees of different genders, ages, abilities, orientations, races, ethnicities, religious beliefs, and countries of origin. All of these dimensions add to our networked way of working, learning and leading.

We will make sure that we are addressing any opportunities for improvement and continue the dialogue to ensure all voices are heard and respected.

Kind Regards,
The Coca-Cola Company
Consumer Interaction Center, North America”

Oh and thanks Vtail for the recipe for the new rum drink.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is the same response that I received just yesterday in response to my un-flattering e-mail to corporate leaders. They can back pedal and blame anybody else they wish but it will not change my feelings towards their wokeness. Now if the would come out in all media formats and give a true sorry that we --cked up still would not care. They made thier bed now they can sleep on the thorns. .................... drill sgt.

Posts: 1954 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Wouldn’t it be wonderful if white people stopped buying their products?

Posts: 13050 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Coke isn't new to making big mistakes. Big, costly ones. Think "new Coke". They did have a market leading product. Then came a whole bunch of corporate screw ups. Guess they're still profitable so no one cares. I quit drinking coke a while back, moving to root beer. But I have no idea who makes the stuff I drink. And I take my wife to restaurants, where I really don't get a brand choice. At least if you order Pepsi, you get it.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I got a slightly different email in response to my email to Coke corporate. In yours they blame a 3rd party in mine they kind of take the blame for screwing it up. Roll Eyes

Thank you for contacting The Coca-Cola Company,

We appreciate your message. The goal of our diversity training is to help build a better workplace, one that is respectful for all. Recently, we learned that content accessible through our Company training platform did not align with this approach. To be clear, this was not a part of our training curriculum and we immediately removed the links to that content.

We apologize to those who were offended by this content. We would never encourage anyone to be any less of themselves.

As we continue to evolve our training, we know we won’t always get everything right, but we have learned from this experience. In fact, we have taken to heart one very key lesson – the importance of continuing to listen, learn and adapt, as together we work to refresh the world and make a difference.

Kind Regards,
The Coca-Cola Company
Consumer Interaction Center, North America

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6476 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^well that’s mighty white of them. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I drink Diet Coke because I like it. I don't give a rip about their personnel guidelines. I am what I am, don't plan to change, and don't work for Coca Cola.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I drink Diet Coke because I like it. I don't give a rip about their personnel guidelines. I am what I am, don't plan to change, and don't work for Coca Cola.

flashguy

I think you have made that point more than once in this thread. Just saying!!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Additionally, that's really oversimplifying the issue at hand.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I received about the same response from Coke.
I replied,in general, that I was done with there product lines and that I'm VERY proud of my ancestry.
Plenty of other product options other than Coke products or there other brands.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
John Ross: How to paint like a Coke a Cola employee

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
I don't even like white chocolates ... but I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
I don't even like white chocolates ... but I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

Not me, I don’t like the snow. That’s why I live in Florida.

If I don’t like snow, does that make me racist because snow is white?

Posts: 13050 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:. . . Not me, I don’t like the snow. That’s why I live in Florida.

If I don’t like snow, does that make me racist because snow is white?

I don't like hurricanes and tornadoes. That's why I don't live in Florida. Smile

But not liking "white" these days is enlightened, not racist, you are good.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
"But not liking "white" these days is enlightened , not racist, you are good."

oops your systemic stuff just took over, should be 'endarkened' or maybe 'dislightened'. It's really hard to keep up with the word-invention and reassignment-of meaning-machine.

Posts: 6358 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:

oops your systemic stuff just took over, should be 'endarkened' or maybe 'dislightened'. It's really hard to keep up with the word-invention and reassignment-of meaning-machine.

Sorry, my bad. Big Grin

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:

Sorry, my bad. Big Grin

You should also be less certain and break with white solidarity........jus' sayin' Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post