SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I got a vasectomy today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got a vasectomy today Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yes, don't over do it even though you're feeling fine.

I did have minor complications a year later with some scaring on tubes (vas deferens?) with the knot. The urologist suggested there may have been minor leaking (uh, after coitus) into general area and the body was attacking the foreign fluid. It did go away after a while. The alternative was to go back in - real surgery - to fix the issue.

I've been shooting blanks successfully for 15 years.

P229

Posts: 3855 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Have fun shooting blanks!

Posts: 2338 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Do what the doctor tells you and TAKE IT EASY. Many guys feel so good, they overdue it. If you do, you can pay a big price.

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Ballsey to let someone wrench on your junk.

No thanks - after TEOTWAWKI, I might need to help repopulate the world... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
Have fun shooting blanks!

And enlist help for the homework assignments between now and then, as well as the final exam!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12458 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Mine was going dandy until the electric shock happened.....

The room had to be 60 degrees but I was sweating like mad on the table. When Doc went to colorize the Vas, it sent an electric shock through my hip to the table.....

Yes, don't forget the peas. You will need them shortly

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5763 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Back when I lived in Alaska, this time of year was amusing to me. The reason is a local surgeon used to advertise vasectomies as a perfect excuse to sit around all weekend watching March madness basketball.

Too bad there’s no March madness for the OP.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23351 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I had mine about twenty years ago. I took the drs advice & went home, parked my ass on the recliner, with an ice bag under my junk & watched tv for the rest of the day. I had no problems.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Beware the HABs. (Horrible Aching Balls...)

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12804 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Worst part for me several years ago was the tape the doc used to hold the bazooka (as he termed it) out of the way. Right on the hairy area. Then the removal......

And......the extreme urgency later to relieve the cramps and shits while holding the boys out of the way.

It's funny now. But not then.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6331 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slabsides45:
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
good choice ahead of the quarrantine. This way no babies in 9 months.

Not so sure about that. He just eliminated a major form of entertainment during the quarantine.

What do you mean? I think stickman should go for a long, relaxing ride!! Big Grin

(OK, maybe that's a bit extreme to suggest. Ice or a bag of peas & the recliner may be his best bet).

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yeah....No moto rides for a while. Sucks because we just got some nice riding weather. Of course due to my pain and suffering and per what was negotiated with the boss prior to getting this procedure done I will be adding a Supermoto to the herd VERY soon. Big Grin (A DRZ400SM or a KLX250)

My pain level has remained quite low. Surprisingly low. I’ve been taking it easy and thankfully my wife bought frozen peas the other day so I’m doing pretty good.

Worrying about the procedure for weeks was worse than the procedure itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21134 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And it has to be cheaper than child support!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16147 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Well I don’t need 5 kids. Four is a plenty....most days it’s like a damn circus. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21134 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Well it’s done. After worrying about it for a while I went in and got snipped today. It wasn’t that bad. It’s kinda like getting stung by a bee on your junk but that’s the worst part. Actually, the bee that stung me over the summer in Dominican Republic hurt more than the vasectomy thus far.

It been about an hour and half and no pain yet. I wonder how long it’ll be until the numbing meds wear off and I start to feel sore? So far I’m shocked by how mobile I am and the absolute lack of pain. Hopefully it’ll stay that way.

Lucky you that it was not a big deal. The numbing agent did not work for me. I felt every bit of what the doctor did and I was in pure hell! It hurt so bad. Then he said, “All done.” As I breathed a sigh of relief he said, “With this side, now for the other one.” Then I suffered all over again.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8686 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget you are not shooting blanks immediately. Look into that info and testing carefully or along will come #5.

Posts: 1501 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Follow Drs instructions to a T! Friend of mine didn’t and he ruptured a vein his ball sack blew up to a size of a football in no time had to go into emergency surgery.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4845 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
19 yrs ago. Did it on a friday am. Craziest thing besides the discomfort of the pulling was watching tufts of smoke puffing up from my groin as they cauterized after the snip and tie. I spent the weekend on thcouch watching tv and bags if oeas to reduce the swelling. I didnt do anything and had a smooth recovery. Take it slow and exert yourself or youll regret it. A buddy was up and moving furniture that day and ended up tearing his stitches.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5304 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Well I don’t need 5 kids. Four is a plenty....most days it’s like a damn circus. Big Grin

Actually, I can empathize. My wife is a traditional Catholic. She's one of eight kids.
I converted after marriage. We "only" have six. The youngest was born when I was 41, so she's graduating from high school in May. Good gosh, the two oldest complain about how strict we were with them, yet the three youngest (especially the youngest) have always had free rein at the house. Well, we're tired. Nothing like being almost 20 years older than the parents of some of our youngest daughters friends...

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I think the worst part of mine was an extremely attractive nurse complementing me on my shave job, while we were in an extremely cold operating room. As George Costanza once said, “...like a frightened turtle”.

(I vote for the Suzuki)

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post