SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    very welcome message from Def Sec Mattis
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

very welcome message from Def Sec Mattis Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...eless-exercises.html

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis wants to overhaul military education and training to “regain” the art of warfighting following complaints by thousands of servicemembers that their time is being wasted by hours of mandatory training, according to a new memo obtained by Fox News.

The training that is the subject of complaints covers everything from alcohol use to active shooters to sexual harassment to stress management.

Addressing the service secretaries and chiefs of the Armed Forces, Mattis has ordered the formation of a new working group to “determine changes to military personnel policies” to “ equip more ready and lethal forces .” The working group will include the second in command of each branch of the U.S. military and report to the deputy secretary of defense and vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

The secretary wants each service to examine its military education to “regain a concentration on the art and science of warfighting” and look into the hours of “mandatory force training that does not directly support core tasks” such as flying jets, jumping out of planes, and hundreds of other U.S. military missions essential to defending the United States and its allies.

One official with knowledge of the discussions surrounding the memo told Fox News, “servicemembers spending too much time on senseless training that is really a waste of time.” One U.S. military officer said there is “too much sexual harassment training” and not enough time spent at places like the shooting range, for example.

Recommendations are due by Dec. 1, 2017

amen. extend it to ALL federal civilian agencies

Posts: 19564 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
“too much sexual harassment training” and not enough time spent at places like the shooting range, for example.
Hell, I thought that was the case in the 80's, I can't even imagine what it's like now, damn!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Yup, Obama's namsie pansy actions will be 100% eradicated soon enough.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I got back from my deployment to AFGH, I had to return to my original unit. (I deployed as an augmente with another unit)

For the last year of my reserve time, (01/2015 to 12/2015) all I did was attend mandatory briefings regarding sex drugs and rock and roll, alternative lifestyles etc.. and take drug tests.

It was such a waste of time; ABN ops, range, schools,etc.. were cancelled for these stupid briefings.

When the Retention NCO hit me up, I laughed and said I am out.

I have been approached to re-enlist and re-class but there is no way I am going to waste my weekends. I will gladly deploy OCONUS or do stateside active duty billets but not reserves.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Like mandatory transgender training.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
You mean that class I had in Basic on how to balance my checkbook will be replaced with rangetime? Oh the horror!

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8215 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
As many of Trump's appointees are embattled with this or that scandal, Mattis quietly continues to go about his business of waging war, creating hate and discontent on our enemies, and general fuckery toward the enemy. Both Foreign and Domestic.

I think the left is too scared of him to say anything. And I like it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Mattis is a mission oriented warrior who has the courage of his convictions. Some of them get to the top without being crushed by PC. There are a lot more like him in the military who are heartened by the philosophy of "kill the enemy and destroy his stuff". I am encouraged.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I like Mattis

would like to buy him a beer or 12

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I like it. He's like a real life Conan.

Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Mongol General: That is good!

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a company commander I have to schedule mandatory training weekly to keep up with it. Even then I still can't get it all done for my guys. Hopefully common sense prevails here and the majority of useless training is removed.

Posts: 2016 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post