SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    July 3 & 4 will be interesting around here in the Black Hills of South Dakota
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

July 3 & 4 will be interesting around here in the Black Hills of South Dakota Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Too bad he couldn't do this during Sturgis, they voted to have the bike week, city is open for the event, nothing like a couple hundred thousand bikers roar up for Trump...

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
They should bring in some of these for air support, should the leftists try anything funny on Mt Rushmore....

Wouldn't uh.... Apaches be more appropriate?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Man I'd love to see that. Mt Rushmore is a sight to behold normally with fireworks above head and a small crowd that would be killer. Seeing them live on the National Mall is awesome, this would be awesome times ten.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Too bad he couldn't do this during Sturgis, they voted to have the bike week, city is open for the event, nothing like a couple hundred thousand bikers roar up for Trump...

Things are throttled back with CV19 guidelines in place. That and some events, like the B1-B flyover have been cancelled. Frown

quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

Wouldn't uh.... Apaches be more appropriate?

This isn't Apache country... it's Sioux Nation. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I assume there will be adequate preparations to fight/contain any fires that might get started.

flashguy

Smother any fires with the bodies of protesters!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
SD is a favorite of mine.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Exactly! And her refusal to lockdown the State during the pandemic and trust South Dakotans to "do the right thing" earned her vitriol and hate from the left throughout the country. She refused to be pressured and our results speak volumes to the sanity and correctness of her position. Big Grin

The Iowa governor (R and female) also stood her her ground. Go Kim Reynolds!!

Sadly, this is something that cannot be said for our semi-spineless (R) governor.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The President will arrive around 7:30pm MDT, probably at Ellsworth AFB. He, along with the Sec of Interior and Gov Kristi Noem, will speak before the fireworks start at 9:15pm MDT. He'll depart right after the show. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
You have a great governor in SD.
First time I heard her speak then saw pics of her on the ranch in jeans and boots, directing work and on horseback, I was smitten.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Smother any fires with the bodies of protesters!

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I wonder what will be going on just down the road at the Crazy Horse Memorial?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
If you ever get the chance to see the lighting ceremony at pitch black to full splendor do it.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
We had a two week trip planned for the area in mid-September. When the COVID crap hit we postponed. I will get there someday.

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8527 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I wonder what will be going on just down the road at the Crazy Horse Memorial?

Looking at the https://crazyhorsememorial.org/ site, there is nothing official special planned.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I noticed in his,Julian Bear Runner's, remarks that there were no leftist comments about tearing down the Crazy Horse Memorial.

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2088 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ggile:
I noticed in his,Julian Bear Runner's, remarks that there were no leftist comments about tearing down the Crazy Horse Memorial.

LOL ...and that is a surprise? LOL

USN (RET), COTEP #192

The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
hey bald1,
We will trade you, straight up for our great Michigan Governor.

Sorry. No way in hell! Big Grin

OK hard bargainer, I'll give you my governor, my AG, The speaker of the (state) house and wait for it..THE FRIGGIN MAYOR OF SEATTLE Big Grin.

Could you please send our new governor?

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I can agree with every statement, except the last one.

I grew up in the area, and am very familiar with the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. My father was very involved with the reservation “politics” in the mid to late 80’s.

One time he was asked to meet with Russell Means. I was never told ahout this until I was in my 20’s. But my mom feared they were going to kill my dad.

I recall going to a family reunion with an Indian friend. I was the only white person there and was quickly surrounded by a crowd of Lakota Sioux men. They did not want me there. One of the elders said something like, “That is Doc Smith’s son. Leave him alone.” And they did, I thought I was going to get my ass beat. They only left me along because of what my father had done on their reservation. He actually cared about them.

All Indian tribes got the shaft end of the stick. Put on reservation which have no economic value. The drug and alcohol use and addictions are rampant. No job market, or education opportunities. It is a third world country. I still have Indian friends. Most are drug or alcohol addicts, and bounce in and out of prison.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ASKSmith, I can imagine how you felt. I was in Gordon, Ne when Raymond Yellow Thunder was killed.

Pine Ridge and White Clay were on my sales route
Man talk about being in no mans land. Fear kept me moving. Life is always tough there. You are on tribal land.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Recoatlift, very small world. I graduated from Gordon High School. I have not been back since 1990. I still talk to friends who live on the area.

There were protests a few years ago when the tribe wanted to shut down alcohol sales around the perimeter of the reservation. They were met with fire hoses, in February. As well as the protests of running gas lines through the reservation. I guess it’s ok for our government to give them land, and then take their rights away.

How come that tactic, fire hoses, was not utilized during recent protests? I guess it offends people, but it’s ok to use on Native Americans.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post