SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man Saves Puppy (and his cigar) From Alligator
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man Saves Puppy (and his cigar) From Alligator Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that the father of Chuck Norris.

Posts: 3874 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
That dude is badass. Very impressive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Being a Florida native, I grew up hunting, fishing, camping in the swamps/woods etc and have a healthy respect for our widlife. I tell my DY (Damned yankee, no offense, Bless Your Heart) friends that Florida is like Australia in that a lot of the venomous and poisonous species of fauna and flora co-exist with us, SO BE CAREFUL!

Gator Story
Last summer I was fishing in my favorite bass fishin hole and a gator of similar size was following me. He was NOT acting agressive, it seemed more curious than anything. I kept fishing because BASS Baby. He continued to follow me for about 15 minutes or so progressively getting closer to my Kayak. When he got within my "personal Zone" I whacked him on the head with my kayak paddle. Flat blade not on the edge as I didn't want to actually hurt it, yet. Next would have been a .45 from my Kimber or a 10mm from my delta elite, I don't remember what I had that day.

Deer Story
Yesterday I witnessed a deer get hit by a car on my way home from work. The newish Altima was heavily damaged, the car behind the altima saw the deer and collision and swerved around it, the next vehicle was a Pasco SO Explorer. The deer cartwheeled thru the air over the passenger fender of the altima, missed the second car as it swerved and kind of slid down the passenger fender of the SO SUV. It didn't damage it but left a blood trail. The car behind the SO SUV swerved also and I was #5 in my CRV. I stopped and pulled over. The deer had a crushed pelvis, probable broken legs and was trying to flee using it's front legs. I told the female deputy that the deer was suffering and needed to be put down. She told me that she wasn't allowed to disharge her sidearm for a wounded animal and had called animal control but the were 45 minutes out. I asked her if I could do it. I told her I have a firearm in my car to do it or I could sever it's spine with my knife. I didn't want to A: Get that close to a wounded deer and
B: My knife is plenty sharp enough but isn't as long as I would have liked if I had to to it that way.

At this point both the lady Altima driver and the Deputy were in tears as the wounded deer was making horrible sounds but still suffering. The Deputy agreed to allow me to dispatch the deer so I went back to my car and got my Springfield SD 3.3 .45cal out of my "purse". I noticed the Deputy and driver were watching and advised them that "Ladies now is the time to look away". I put one round at the base of the skull. Instant kill. I drug the carcass away from the road as roadkill quickly have buzzards feasting and could cause another accident. Considering that I witnessed the deer being hit and killed it myself I knew it was fresh and I LOVE venison. However, even with a nickname like Rotndad I didn't have the heart to ask the crying Deputy if it was ok to remove the backstraps. I can't imagine the bawling driver would have appreciated it much either.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post