SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    any buick LeSabre owners here?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

any buick LeSabre owners here? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yep I drive a dinged and dented 2004 lay sabrey. My sofa does not sit as nice as that car does. Once you get accustomed to the Buick bounce it is great. VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a 2000 or so model. Just out of warranty (by time, not mileage -- we only put on about 5K/yr) I had to replace the intake manifolds and the transmission (lost all but 1st gear on the way to the dealer). Couldn't get rid of that POS fast enough.

Posts: 700 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I just saw the Buick LeSabre in one of those internet lists of "ten best" or "ten worst". In this case it was ten cars that people most regret buying . On the other hand, I understand that Buicks are more in demand than Cadillacs in China .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
My last remaining aunt had a stroke in April and I bought her 2011 Lucerne. I have in the past had a number of Park Avenues and most recently Bonnevilles. My last Pontiac was the SSEi with the supercharged 3.8 and it was a great engine. Lots of performance and 30mpg. My wife is driving the Buick now.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
People say my BMW Z4 is an old man cAr

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I had a 1964 LaserBe, can I play?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
I think I just saw the Buick LeSabre in one of those internet lists of "ten best" or "ten worst". In this case it was ten cars that people most regret buying . On the other hand, I understand that Buicks are more in demand than Cadillacs in China .

The rumor is that is why GM hasn't killed Buick (because of their popularity in Asian markets.)

I think their new cars are great personally, just can't afford them!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
Dad bought mom a 1969 Buick Wildcat, 430hp v8. Big Grin

I didn't get to drive it much, but me and the little lady (my prom date back then) did dust the shit out of one of the Preppies and his cheerleader date!!!!

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
An older guy in my new neighborhood has a mint condition green Buick Roadmaster. I think it would be awesome to drive every day - seats are like la-z-boy recliners, RWD, weighs about as much as an M1 abrams.

It has at least two problems...the instrument panel is hard to see and the big trunk makes it hard to see to backup. Also the suspension needs to be beefed up. Just too big of a car for me.

I liked the 82 Buick Regal with the 3.8 engine. It has one of the first electronic carburetors.

I read in Hemmings Motors that the 3.8L was used a lot in Jeeps due to the HP output for its size and weight.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its kinda weird ,
three weeks ago I couldn't name any buick models, now it seems as though , every fourth car , that I see is a buick

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
The 3.8 engine used in some Jeeps was taken from the Chrysler mini-vans and was not a GMC engine. The GMC LR-2, 2-8 liter, was used in 84-86 Cherokees.
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:
An older guy in my new neighborhood has a mint condition green Buick Roadmaster. I think it would be awesome to drive every day - seats are like la-z-boy recliners, RWD, weighs about as much as an M1 abrams.

It has at least two problems...the instrument panel is hard to see and the big trunk makes it hard to see to backup. Also the suspension needs to be beefed up. Just too big of a car for me.

I liked the 82 Buick Regal with the 3.8 engine. It has one of the first electronic carburetors.

I read in Hemmings Motors that the 3.8L was used a lot in Jeeps due to the HP output for its size and weight.

Posts: 5618 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 3.8 engine used in some Jeeps was taken from the Chrysler mini-vans and was not a GMC engine. The GMC LR-2, 2-8 liter, was used in 84-86 Cherokees.

My understanding that it was not a stock engine but they were taking the Buick engine and putting it in the Jeeps.

EDIT: Here is the article. My 82 Buick does not have the Turbo.

https://www.hemmings.com/magaz...e-Turbo/2277581.html

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that classics like the LeSabre and Crown Victoria are no longer made, what is the current equivalent car for someone who wants a larger but unassuming auto?

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Traveler
Picture of Sweden
posted Hide Post
1996 LeSabre, 58,xxx original miles here.

Posts: 2484 | Location: CO | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
Now that classics like the LeSabre and Crown Victoria are no longer made, what is the current equivalent car for someone who wants a larger but unassuming auto?
There are still many a Lesabres and Park Aves around. CT6 Cadillac is a nice larger sedan but fairly new. Chryslers 300 may well be what you are looking for. Thats a very nice car.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't drive one, but it is a very common car with old farts, so I work on plenty of them, most recently a 2004 with just 64,000 miles and two of its original tires.

Sounds like my mother's car, she is 92 and lives in Kingsport. A caregiver drives it shopping with her.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had an 85 Olds 98. First year of front drive, same platform as the Electra, both stretched Cutlass Calais/Buick Century. It had the 3.8 v6. I was actually in my 20's when I bought it new. I had a love/hate relationship with that car. It handled great, rode great, and was roomy. The engine was bulletproof, but otherwise the worst car I ever owned. Numerous starters and AC compressors, transmission failure at about 50K(which GM copayed). Two of the happiest days of my life as they say.

I also had a '96 Century, last of the 83-96 body style on which the aforementioned 98 was based. I bought it with about 30K and used it as a commuter. Pretty reliable and low maintenance. I think I replaced the alternator at around 100K. At about 150K, I blew a head gasket. It had some various body damage that I had not repaired, so I did not fix it. Sold it for salvage.

Posts: 987 | Registered: January 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if you look at the new/used car ads in our local paper, not so many classic sedan style,
but there are four pages full of the damn "cross over " pieces of yak .

I detest the way the look and their ergonomics

Posts: 54624 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I am liking mine so far, ( since last wednesday)

the plaque on the dash says limited, which fits right in to my paradigm.

it's not navy blooo but darker, maybe midnight blooo ?

38,000 mi, always garaged , one owner, $6,600.00
probably the nicest will ever own, ( probably the last)

My mechanic claims that I couldn't have gotten a better deal , that made me very happy.

it has can holders in the fold down console, but thats it.

we use these deals:

so we are s.o.l. for a while , until I can configure something.

Big Grin
the fittment is off Big Grin Big Grin Wink

You never mentioned what year it is!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"04"