SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    any buick LeSabre owners here?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

any buick LeSabre owners here? Login/Join 
posted
just curious,
Am I the only one driving a grandpa car?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Not a Buick, but I drive a 90 ford Crown Victoria wagon. It's an old man car.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
So you're the one who bought it?

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Grand Marquis. Love it but if I buy another one my friends have threatened to do an intervention on me. Haven't decided what to replace it with.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I got the other one.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mom has owned multiple LeSabres over the years. Going back to 1990. While they were grandma cars they were so comfortable to ride in and drive.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Wife has one, 2000 year model. Bought it new, AIR it has something like 77K mills on it.

Only problem was when window motor went bad.

Well, not counting when the mice built a nest on the engine, chewed insulation off the wiring which led to engine misfire problems.

Been a very good car for her. And she ain't giving it up.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't drive one, but it is a very common car with old farts, so I work on plenty of them, most recently a 2004 with just 64,000 miles and two of its original tires. Big Grin With two exceptions having to do with plastic in the cooling system, the 3.8L engine is bulletproof, and they are easy to work on.

Posts: 27953 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in the Yoop, when you reach a certain age, you are issued one. I will get my letter any day now. And my handicapped plate. Great parking!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
It's the official car of Iowa. I know a judge who had 2 identical ones. Not sure if it was for op sec or just happened that way. Back when I was slinging cars for Enterprise in the early 2000s those of advancing age loved the Century because it had a column shift and pull knob headlights. If GM still made a similar car and called it The Homer, there would be buyers in Flyover Country.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An older guy in my new neighborhood has a mint condition green Buick Roadmaster. I told the wife I wanted to leave him a note saying I would buy it whenever he is ready to sell. She wasn't too happy. I think it would be awesome to drive every day - seats are like la-z-boy recliners, RWD, weighs about as much as an M1 abrams. Sign me up. I can't afford any of the classic cars cut from that mold, so I figure the Roadmaster is the next best thing.

LeSabre's had a very reliable engine/tranny combo. Not a bad car for that era.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I force my younger daughter to drive a La Crosse, which replaced the Le Sabre. She claims that everyone thinks she is a senior citizen. However, this one has the DOHC 3.6L and dual exhausts, larger wheels, etc. Quite the engine.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5053 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Mine is a 19 year old Park Avenue. It needs a lot of work. Its been so reliable a old sedan. I saw a '02 Lesabre in Ohio with 42,000 miles on it and it was beautiful blue color. At a Ford dealer for 5 grand. Week later, a small dealer next door to Ford had it on his lot for $7,400.00.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
I only see one LeBaron, Freddy!

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The fancier Park Avenue was available with a supercharged 3.8.

Posts: 27953 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as VW does the buy back on my VW TDI sometime in January, I'm looking for a low mileage 10 year old Buick. (Poor mans Caddy)

I'm done with new car bank payments.

Edit: I already have the handicap tag, so I'll fit right in.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
General Motors 3800 V6 Engine: The Untold Story
by Michael Taubitz (Author), Roberta Vasilow (Author) available on Amazon.

One of the authors is a friend. I have not read the book yet.

I remember reading the statement from a GM engineer regarding the discontinuation of this "outmoded"
pushrod engine. Yeah, 30+ mpg and 200k and over lifespan and it was outdated. One of the great mistakes by GM was to pitch this design and introduce the 3.6 DOHC in its place.

Personally had four cars with this engine, all ran perfectly at 150K plus, rust is what killed them up here.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We took our daughters car shopping (16 and 14). We were looking at the 2014 Buicks. The younger looks to the older and says "You can't drive that, it's a librarian's car."

That was all she wrote.

Posts: 694 | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
General Motors 3800 V6 Engine: The Untold Story
by Michael Taubitz (Author), Roberta Vasilow (Author) available on Amazon.

One of the authors is a friend. I have not read the book yet.

I remember reading the statement from a GM engineer regarding the discontinuation of this "outmoded"
pushrod engine. Yeah, 30+ mpg and 200k and over lifespan and it was outdated. One of the great mistakes by GM was to pitch this design and introduce the 3.6 DOHC in its place.

Personally had four cars with this engine, all ran perfectly at 150K plus, rust is what killed them up here.

No doubt about it. Probably GM's best V6, especially after the 60 degree disaster and the 3.4 DOHC nightmare.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am liking mine so far, ( since last wednesday)

the plaque on the dash says limited, which fits right in to my paradigm.

it's not navy blooo but darker, maybe midnight blooo ?

38,000 mi, always garaged , one owner, $6,600.00
probably the nicest will ever own, ( probably the last)

My mechanic claims that I couldn't have gotten a better deal , that made me very happy.

it has can holders in the fold down console, but thats it.

we use these deals:

so we are s.o.l. for a while , until I can configure something.

Big Grin
the fittment is off Big Grin Big Grin Wink

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post