Notify
Tools

Snake ID Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
Young Eastern milk snake?

Color looks off to me, but it’s been dead a while. I’m also colorblind.lol

Posts: 21098 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks alive to me, as its in one piece!! lol

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Looks like what we call a corn snake around these parts.

Edit: Just looked up the milk snake and to my eye they look the same Big Grin

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Harmless unless you are a rodent, insect or other undesirable.

Posts: 9495 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Coworker killed it. We've been giving him a hard time about it. But it was in his house.

When he showed us photos this morning it looked like a 3 or 4 foot snake. Eek He went home for lunch and brought it back with him, it's maybe 12" long. Now we're really giving him a hard time.

Posts: 21098 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Coworker is an imbecile.

Posts: 26894 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Not happy with him. But... killing it in your yard, dumb.
Killing it in your living room, a little more understandable. Big Grin

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Not very good at this but it does look like a corn snake. A girl all dressed in black, carries one around with her at the flea market I help at. Seems harmless.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Let the mice infestation begin. Quite sorry to hear it was killed...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna go with corn snake, which is a type of rat snake. Hard to tell between milk and corn at certain phase. The only thing I can see is that this snake looks like it has a "neck" that is thinner than the head. Milk snakes sort have a no neck look.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Eastern Milk snakes we have... in theory. If not, it's not an indigenous critter. We were telling him it was a "red Boa" and it must me his neighbors pet and the poor kid will be devastated. Wink

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It appears to be an immature rat snake which turn black upon maturity...

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Looks like a "Good" snake to me.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
“Red touches yellow, will harm a fellow”?

I don’t see red touching yellow, black divides. Most all snakes by me are harmless. Yes, if inside a bit more troubling.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
What a shame,he is an idiot,hope he is over run with mice.
Pure ignorance not to inform ones self on these matters.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
It is a Milk Snake. Should have just picked it up and put it outside. No need to kill snakes, even if one ends up in your house.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
“Red touches yellow, will harm a fellow”?

I don’t see red touching yellow, black divides. Most all snakes by me are harmless. Yes, if inside a bit more troubling.

Red and black, friend of Jack
Red and yellow, could kill a fellow

Only used to differentiate a king snake from a coral snake; the snake in question is neither. The red and yellow on a coral snake are obvious. We're talking primary color type red and yellow.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
My wife spotted a baby king snake in our house several years ago. Before I could get to it, my oldest son scooped it and put it in a small bucket. He could identify it and refused to kill it. We took it to a large field near our house and released it.

I was very proud of him and his calm reaction.His younger siblings received a good lesson that day too.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
It is a Milk Snake. Should have just picked it up and put it outside. No need to kill snakes, even if one ends up in your house.

How can you tell it from a corn snake? I’m just curious as the neck is all I could see from the pic and it says corn snake to me.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12423 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
corn snake.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post