SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    7 Things Every Kid Needs To Hear
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7 Things Every Kid Needs To Hear Login/Join 
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted
I saw this today and thought it would be appreciated here.

7 Things Every Kid Needs To Hear

1) I Love You

2) I'm Proud of You

3) I'm Sorry

4) I Forgive You

5) I'm Listening

6) Communism has failed every time it was tried.

7) You've Got What It Takes

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
#8 Suck it up and keep going. Nothing worth having is easy to attain.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
#9 - No

Some libtards have really screwed up their kids by never saying no to them.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23216 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
#10: If you really want that (fill in the blank) I suggest you start saving up for it.

Never too early for them to learn the value of a dollar.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Only heard 9 and 10.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
#9 - No

Should be #1.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
#10: If you really want that (fill in the blank) I suggest you start saving up for it.

Damn! I must have heard that a hundred times growing up!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:

Damn! I must have heard that a hundred times growing up!

Tends to cut down on impulse buying and the Fad du Jour, don't it? Big Grin

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6 - Communism is immoral (because it takes things from people who worked for them and gives them to people who didn't).

Posts: 994 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Gonna be a party pooper here. I agree kids need to hear those things, but #6 was shoehorned in there. Six of the seven are about the child's self esteem, and your relationship with them, and one of the seven is about a system of government.

Awkward.

How about two lists?

"Six things every child should hear from you about your relationship with them."

and...

"Six (or whatever number of) things every child should hear about liberty, responsibility, and government."

That's better than "I love you. Communism bad! I believe in you."

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
There is no try, either do or do not.

F.A.I.L. first attempt in learning

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
Put me down for 8,9,&10. I turned out OK.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henry claude lemoine
posted Hide Post
11. Anytime your in a car with a friend and your not driving, your putting your life in someone else's hands.

Posts: 144 | Location: virginia | Registered: November 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:...
That's better than "I love you. Communism bad! I believe in you."

While your suggestion has much merit, the earlier the first list of items are paramount to the foundations where your list has a solid place to root and thrive.

The sooner, you set the direction of growth, the easier the later fruits be known.

Sort of dovetails with PHPaul's post about his Grandson.

That young man did not get such distinguishing characteristics in the Corps.

At best, they were honed and refined, but gramp's did a whole lotta planting, weeding and cultivating.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43866 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
#12. Adapt and overcome!

I've actually said all of those things, other than #6 to my 6 and 3 year old kids. I think it's very important to do.

Posts: 219 | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I heard a lot of two that aren't on the list.

*Children are to be seen, but not heard.

*Figure it out yourself.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I heard a lot of two that aren't on the list.

*Children are to be seen, but not heard.

*Figure it out yourself.

I brought this up in a discussion in the teacher's lounge when I worked as the IT weenie at the local high school.

You'dve thought I crapped in the punch bowl...

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
#13 You can't really dust for vomit, can you?....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
#9 - No

Beat me to it. That would have been #2 on my list.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
* Be careful in picking which advice to follow, most of it is wrong or at least wrong for you.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post