New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meatloaf Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted

Bacon-wrapped goodness. Protection is at hand. Pioneer Woman meatloaf

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes please, and seconds if I can!

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Looks good.

Coincidentally, I made my Mom's meatloaf recipe w/ a few mods (I smoked it and made 6 jumbo muffin sized loafs instead of on loaf).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Great! I'm on a diet and was just getting ready to go to bed. I just went into the kitchen and ate the refrigerator: Didn't open the doors, just swallowed that motherfucker whole. Frown

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:

Bacon-wrapped goodness. Protection is at hand. Pioneer Woman meatloaf

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Yummy.

The wife and I are doing a month without meat/dairy to see how our blood work is affected. That, and we're fat. Not been too bad thus far. I made some chili...errr...thick bean soup...the other day that was pretty good. She made shepherd's pie tonight that was freaking delicious.

Meatloaf...mmmmmmm

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Don't let Gary Busey take it, or there will be hell to pay.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Applewood Smoked Meatloaf

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/fo...wthread.php?t=114836

I've made this a number of times.

Ummmmmm

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Food has always played a vital role in Life's rituals. The breaking of the bread, the last meal of the condemned man, and now, this meal. However informal it might appear, you can be sure that there was to be very little.. bon ami.

"A toast... to absent friends..."

"To absent friends."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love meatloaf.

One of my favorites is the meatloaf in the bottom of the pan with a layer of mashed potatoes on top with a coating of cream of mushroom soup on top of that. Bake in the over till done.

Good stuff.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Yummy.

The wife and I are doing a month without meat/dairy to see how our blood work is affected. That, and we're fat. Not been too bad thus far. I made some chili...errr...thick bean soup...the other day that was pretty good. She made shepherd's pie tonight that was freaking delicious.

Meatloaf...mmmmmmm

Good luck ! to you and your wife
We try to eat healthy and Pork and Beef are not Usually on the Menu ,And I will have to say a picture of that Meatloaf can make me jump off the wagon

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IndianMike and Chongo: have you tried making meatloaf but with a mixture of ground chicken and ground turkey? I tried making meatloaf using a mixture of 1 lb of ground chicken and 1 lb ground turkey. Made it using a standard recipe from the Joy of Cooking. The meatloaf was a bit dry, maybe I need to add some olive oil to the chicken and turkey mix, to get rid of the dryness. Anyone have any experience using a chicken/turkey mix? Thanks.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I love meatloaf. So does President Trump. And both of us like ketchup on it. For me, also some Cholula.

I think meatloaf is uniquely an American dish, but perhaps the Canadians have adopted it too.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8931 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
We have evolved to almost strictly BBQ'd meatloaf with hickory smoke. It sends it to a whole new dimension. We also do the baked beans on the grill as well at the same time. That with a Caesar salad is a dinner made in heaven.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I find the Meatloaf with Cabbage and Mashed Potatoes at the local Cafe particularly good.
The wife's... not so much.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Great! I'm on a diet and was just getting ready to go to bed. I just went into the kitchen and ate the refrigerator: Didn't open the doors, just swallowed that motherfucker whole. Frown

ever have the meatloaf at The Hill Café?

absolutely delicious,
sliced thick, then grilled, with the normal blue plate sides,

good beer on tap and a decent wine list too

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Nope, I usually go west on Broad Street. If you recommend it then maybe a field trip is in order...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like a next day cold meatloaf sandwich on toast with mayonaise.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I'd nuzzle that Meatloaf

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
Meatloaf...food of the gods.
Left-over meatloaf (my wife has learned to make BIG ones) is great smothered with the cheese of your choice in a grilled cheese sandwich!

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post