SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Youngest daughter needs a used AWD Update: Bought a low miles 2015 Ford Escape
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Youngest daughter needs a used AWD Update: Bought a low miles 2015 Ford Escape Login/Join 
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Check out the Subaru XV crosstrek

here's a good one.

https://www.carmax.com/car/14093379

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
It's not sexy, but a lightly used KIA Sorento would be a solid choice.
My 2012 is still going strong and relatively care-free after 190,000 miles. It has been the most maintenance-free vehicle I've ever owned. And with snow tires it gets me everywhere in the winter.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
We bought a car.

2015 Ford Escape SE AWD Ecoboost 4cyl 22,000 miles for 19K out the door.
It's blue.

She drove it, got her heart set on it and nothing else will do.
I think it a good choice, she has my support on her decision.

She test drove it and then went to work.
I made the deal, texted her about the purchase and now the day is already dragging going slow for her because around 4PM, we head back to the dealer to pay for it and pick it up.

It still carries a year and half factory warranty with 14K miles left on that as well as it's a certified preowned, and carries another year drive train warranty after that expires.

I was more concerned about getting a honey of a car than the price.
I have always been that way, ie the right car first, then worry about the price.

I always do that.
I always do that because I need to be happy with the car for a long time.
The feeling you get with the best price is fleeting and temporary if you didn't get the best car.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I drive a 2015 Escape. Great choice for her.

She will love it

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3475 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Congrats! My parents have one and really like it! For it's size, it surprising has quite a bit of room.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have driven quite a few escape rentals and they're a nice driving car/suv. It would be my preferred choice in that size range.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I think you did very good on price. I think it was 2010 we bought a 2008 Escape with I think 3X,XXX miles for $16,500.

Still running it now with about 180,000 on it. We've replaced the 4 banger engine and the transmission in the past couple of years but what the hell, overall I'd say it's been a good vehicle. I rue the day that I have to deal with finding a replacement for my wife.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Good work on the Escape. I bought my yongest daughter a 2010 V6 AWD with 80K miles on it for around $12K Put some money into brakes and shocks/struts and changed all fluids. The thing hasn't let her down. She is really hard on vehicles as she went through brand new brakes in 15K miles when I first gave it to her. Sho if she can't break the Escape I consider it a good reliable car, and she really liked the style too.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post