SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whirlpool refrigerator - ice level sensor is done - where to buy replacement?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whirlpool refrigerator - ice level sensor is done - where to buy replacement? Login/Join 
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted
Hi all,

It looks like the ice level sensor on my Whirlpool refrigerator (model GS6SHEXML00) is no longer working. The red light never comes on, no matter what I do to test it. Looking online, I see that it's likely the Ice Level Power Control Board Kit needs to be replaced. The work seems pretty easy. I just need to find a good place to buy the kit at a decent price. Any experience or suggestions on that? Thanks!

Chris

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Paging Appliance Brad....

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
I can send you the part if you want ot order it from me. I will tell you prices are all over the map on this. I suspect the inexpensive ones are not OEM Whirlpool and it's a crapshoot on how ell they will work. Maybe it works, maybe you wake up with 3" of water on your kitchen floor when it tells the icemaker to keep filling and harvesting. One way to tell is if there is a core deposit on the part you order, that's genuine WPL.

Part # is W10757851. Shoot me an e-mail for a price if you are interested in ordering one from us. I can tell you I'm cheaper than Repair Clinic, a bit cheaper.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Brad! What does the core deposit look like on the OEM part? Meaning, how can I recognize it?

Posts: 2336 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
Thanks for the info Brad! What does the core deposit look like on the OEM part? Meaning, how can I recognize it?

They won't break it out as they have no expectations you are going to return it.

Repair Clinic, which is a reputable vendor of OEM parts gets over $200 for the part. You can find them with the same part # for less than $50. Whirlpools core deposit is $60 on this item so if you are paying less than $60 you can pretty well assume it's not an OEM part,

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
+1 for Repair Clinic. I've gotten what I need from them. Quick & easy.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
Use Google and get your parts breakdown chart. Just search on the refrigerator's maker and model. Find the parts needed and search for them on eBay. Use youtube and see how to install the parts. It's easy-peasy. I've done this a number of times.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2191 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
Use Google and get your parts breakdown chart. Just search on the refrigerator's maker and model.

This vendor has easy to use and find schematics that I've used and ordered from,
http://www.appliancepartspros.com

I've never had any issues with returning parts, even months later.

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Kitchenaid ice maker stopped working and I've been through all the online troubleshooting video's and guides and it's either the ice level sensor or the solenoid valve not opening and letting water through (If I fill the ice maker by hand it'll freeze and dump.) Each part was $30 plus

I solved the problem by going to the dollar store and buying a set of 3 ice cube trays for a dollar.

Posts: 466 | Location: NW Ohio | Registered: August 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post