SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What’s Up with this whole “Q” thing?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s Up with this whole “Q” thing? Login/Join 
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I guess I don't get out enough, I was completely unaware of anything Q-related until this thread appeared (probably the strongest argument possible for locking it).

However, it appears fairly obvious to me that the origin of the letter "Q" is a reference to the ubiquitous "search icon" found on virtually every website on the 'net. In other words, "Don't believe it? Look it up yourself!" But, as I've already admitted ignorance, give this opinion appropriate weight.

Posts: 6398 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
It's the next letter after "P" and the one right before "R".

That's Q.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Wink

Posts: 11352 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
3 pages and no Major Boothroyd from Quartermaster Branch?! Big Grin

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
I was thinking it was the reference to an acquaintance of Jeremiah Johnson. Dell Q

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Darn it, guys. Now I suddenly have a craving for an Oreo Cheesecake Blizzard.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The plot for the Time Machine film Primer has fewer twists and turns and is more plausible than the Q nonsense. It's some outrageously convoluted junk, not-quite-woven together so thin, full of rabbit holes that lead nowhere yet back around, and I find it appalling that otherwise reasonable people get caught up in it. I can't wait until it's exposed for the nonsense it certainly is.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What if it isn’t nonsense? What if it’s an elaborate scheme to distract idiotic “journalists” and send them down multiple rabbit holes?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21074 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The stories themselves are either True or they're False, no matter what other machinations may occur.

I'm saying it's bullshit, false, bologna, kaka, merde, regardless...

Is it also somehow some intentional psy-ops sort of thing? Who can say...

But it reeks of immature, TV-script, ridiculous fucking bullshit, by trolly nerds.

Time will (likely) tell.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
An acquaintance posts the "Q Drops" Roll Eyes all of the time, nothing new, all deep state stuff

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
An acquaintance posts the "Q Drops" Roll Eyes all of the time, nothing new, all deep state stuff

Confused

quote:
Undergraduate students will normally be permitted four Q-drops during their undergraduate studies; however: State law prohibits students from having more than six dropped courses from all state institutions attended during their undergraduate career if they entered higher education as a first-time enrolled freshman beginning the 2007 fall semester or after.

TA&M

I can usually figure out WTF you guys are talking about but I'm more lost than the OP.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Does any of it hurt the liberals? Long term hurt?
If it does then I don't care if it's poo.

First I've heard of any of it too btw.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:

Confused

quote:
Undergraduate students will normally be permitted four Q-drops during their undergraduate studies; however: State law prohibits students from having more than six dropped courses from all state institutions attended during their undergraduate career if they entered higher education as a first-time enrolled freshman beginning the 2007 fall semester or after.

TA&M

I can usually figure out WTF you guys are talking about but I'm more lost than the OP.

Check here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon

The "Drops" are posts form the head Q guy "It's Coming" " Heads are gonna Roll" "Jail Time coming for xxx" Etc.

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I thought this was about actress Maggie Q

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Everything you need to know about this "Q" thing is available on the entirely unbiased and neutral Wikipedia. Why, they even source the Washington Post as a fact-finder, thereby proving for once and all that it is an entirely made-up right wing conspiracy. Uh-huh. Yup.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
I thought this was about actress Maggie Q

Did ya really? What made you think my post was about Maggie Q?

In my original post, can you point to what made you think that? Just curious...I thought I was pretty clear with my question.

Or are you just disregarding my question and posting just for the hell of it?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
So does this make General Flynn a whack job for taking this oath thing? I went to the site linked above. Kind of a disjointed weird navigating site. More confused when I left it that I was before I got there.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
I guess I don't get out enough, I was completely unaware of anything Q-related until this thread appeared (probably the strongest argument possible for locking it).

However, it appears fairly obvious to me that the origin of the letter "Q" is a reference to the ubiquitous "search icon" found on virtually every website on the 'net. In other words, "Don't believe it? Look it up yourself!" But, as I've already admitted ignorance, give this opinion appropriate weight.

So the thread should be locked because you’ve never heard of it?

I’m just asking a question. I explained in my original post why I’m asking the question.

The reason I’m asking the question here is because normally, I respect the knowledge base here. Sure, I’ll wade through some of the very clever posts that do nothing to answer my question, but I’d rather not have my thread gummed up with a bunch of “clever” comments, when all I was looking for was some input about what this “Q” stuff is.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/t...parked-qanon-n900531

I've read it and am still lost. Might actually be a little dumber now...

So it's made-up BS that took on a life of it's own - all to make money?

Posts: 12536 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll reserve my definition of Q to include fine products like the Fix and Honey Badger !! Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post