SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee Dead at 65
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee Dead at 65 Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
He was a ninja, whose "trade name" was Dead Lee.

A sailor too, known as Helms A. Lee.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
This guy's middle name was Zach, right?

Posts: 1537 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I guess he couldn't stand being an adverb anymore.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was a moderate by SF standards and I can't imagine his replacement being anything short of awful.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess the big quake that hits San Fran was an Ed Lee Karma quake.

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I know a Stan Lee, a Bruce Lee, and a General Lee.

That's about it.

Don't forget about Brenda Lee.

I met Brenda Lee in the early 1960's backstage at Starlight Theatre in Kansas City. By the way everyone was so amped up about her and wobbly kneed, I expected her to have two heads. Didn't notice anything special being 8 years old.

Posts: 7452 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elmer T. Lee is some pretty good bourbon.

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of internet play on this one, but I turned on Fox News almost two hours ago and watched a half-hour NBC local news, not a word on either. Strange, unless nobody in the whole world cares about the dead little asshole.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9147 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Some black women who is president of the board of supervisors will replace him temporarily. If she is radical enough, she may just get elected to a full term.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20320 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
He was a moderate by SF standards and I can't imagine his replacement being anything short of awful.

Not knowing much about the guy, living here in CA has taught me that the next guy will always be worse. Seems like he was a Chinatown leftist, will probably be replaced by a black transgender communist.

San Francisco deserves all it gets.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was a traditional Democrat that was loathed and hated by the 'progressives', far-left and special interests. In other words, he wasn't left enough and they were incensed that he helped legitimized the tech industry as a player in the economy.

While I didn't agree with his stance on illegals, he was far from the poster child/flag waver on that issue. His hallmark was courting the tech industry to the city and generating a new tax revenue stream while also overseeing office high-rise building boom. The flip-side was his looking the other way of the Academy of Art and their purchasing of multiple middle-income residential buildings for use as dorms, which exacerbated the housing shortage brought on by said tech boom.

Lee while not the best mayor, wasn't as polarizing as his predecessors. Some will criticize his lack of leadership however, the office of Mayor has largely been neutered much like the governor of CA. He'll be missed, besides being the first Asian mayor in a city that's 40-50% Asian, he'll be remembered for not caving-in to the extremists that infest city government and maintaining a level of moderation. His replacement is supposed to be a moderate however, her grasp of city government and her background leave me skeptical...the far-left is licking their chops with her being installed.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
He was a ninja, whose "trade name" was Dead Lee.

A sailor too, known as Helms A. Lee.

Like that!!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
He'll be alive again 2 hours later...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I know a Stan Lee, a Bruce Lee, and a General Lee.

That's about it.

Don't forget about Brenda Lee.

But, nobody doesn't like Sara.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket72:
This guy's middle name was Zach, right?

I see what you did there. Big Grin

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's Head Lee.

Posts: 238 | Registered: March 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

While I didn't agree with his stance on illegals, he was far from the poster child/flag waver on that issue.

Yeah, but the buck stops at his desk for the death of Kate Steinle. His policies on illegal aliens and protecting illegal Mexican criminals directly contributed to the death of Kate and others who have been murdered by illegals in San Francisco. Good riddance.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16679 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyAgShooter:
That's Head Lee.

Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9147 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
What happened to Chum Lee

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
What happened to Chum Lee

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post