SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Para Will Be Delighted: LiveLeak Bites The Digital Dust
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Para Will Be Delighted: LiveLeak Bites The Digital Dust Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
Popular British video sharing website "LiveLeak," known for footage of war, politics, and many other world events usually censored on other video websites, like YouTube, was dissolved on Wednesday.

I recall he was not fond of people posting links or embeds from that site.

Well Para, it's a done deal! Big Grin

LiveLeak Bites The Digital Dust

Posts: 33770 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It cultivated the worst aspects of humanity with its hateful eurotrash member base.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Per the release in the OP appears they shut down LL and started a new page called ItemFix, they have videos, memes, etc

https://www.itemfix.com/ll

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If it attracts the same low-rent, loudmouth misanthropes as the first cesspool, the second cesspool will be just as fetid.

posted Hide Post
This quote from the article does speak the truth:

"The edgy video content published on the website over the years appears to have struck a nerve with global elites who want nothing else than people of the world to watch videos on their highly censored platforms."

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sounds awfully noble for a garbage heap.

It wasn't the videos- it was the commentary by the mentally ill eurotrash posters. Genuinely hateful people- gleefully hateful- a really screwed up view of the world. That is who that site attracted. It's one thing to go there to look at all the outlandish videos, but it's another to register there and post comentary on the videos. Those people were assholes, and they hate you, my fellow Americans, with an insane passion. That's what we lost- a garbage heap.

The owner of the site even expressed regret about this last year. He said something like the site had become something other than what it started out to be, and what it became was not good. Apparently, that was just a precursor to his closing the place. And now he wants to start it up all over again, as if all those whackadoo members of LL won't follow him to the new place and start spreading the same garbage immediately.

That's pretty bad- when your house is so filthy, cleaning it is not an option and you have to move.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I never paid attention to LL but can understand what Para references. I've hung out at a Formula One board for over twenty years, Eurocentric posters rule the roost and they seem to be the sources of universal truth. Or so one might be led to believe.

In the past I've kinda cut Europe some slack knowing the last century brought them two world wars and tens of millions of violent deaths. That's gotta warp you a little or a lot. Still, the Bernie Sanders of the world still hold up Europe as some sort of ideal despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It cultivated the worst aspects of humanity with its hateful eurotrash member base.

Sounds like WorldStarHipHop and its bottom dwelling subculture

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Well either their new site is glitchy or my computer isn't cooperating with it. None of the videos load up. Oh well.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LL had some great police in Brazil videos, that youtube would never publish. Hope the new site keeps those.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post