SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kitchenaid Worm Gear - Has anyone repaired this?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kitchenaid Worm Gear - Has anyone repaired this? Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted
Have you repaired your Kitchenaid Stand mixer? Do you have any suggestions or resources? Links? Should I use a metal gear?

Thanks in advance!

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9152 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I've repaired the ship's galley Kitchenaid mixer quite a few times. It's quite easy. I've always used metal gears as that was the original hardware. I've always ordered the parts off of Amazon including food grade grease. Really not much to it. Just use plenty of grease.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/result...+aid+mixer+worm+gear

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I fixed my son's KA with parts bought from Amazon. Easy fix and great save for an expensive mixer.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like everyone else said on the gears. Superlube is a food grade grease, and can be found at Hardware stores.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did this just a few weeks ago with our tilt head KS55 and our daughter’s Professional 600. Very easy and it turns out neither had worn parts.

I replaced the grease for good measure.

Replacement parts.com

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
yep, buy 2. pretty simple.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I love this, absolutely love this, that one can actually repair something instead of tossing another cheap piece of chinese made junk in the trash and going to wallyworld and buying another cheap piece of crap made in china that won't work right, or at all, for a very short period of time, it fails, toss out and repeat again and again.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
I did this just a few weeks ago with our tilt head KS55 and our daughter’s Professional 600. Very easy and it turns out neither had worn parts.

I replaced the grease for good measure.

Replacement parts.com
If neither had worn parts, what was wrong with it?

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post