SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone use a battery impact wrench for hobby or home ?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use a battery impact wrench for hobby or home ? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
So Ryobi is generally less expensive for comparable specs ? I've never owned any Ryobi, though I have a couple Dewalt cordless tools, and I think they're good quality. So is Ryobi comparable in quality ? But cheaper ?

Milwaukee... for corded tools.

DeWalt... for cordless tools.

Never cared for Ryobi tools.

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
So Ryobi is generally less expensive for comparable specs ? I've never owned any Ryobi, though I have a couple Dewalt cordless tools, and I think they're good quality. So is Ryobi comparable in quality ? But cheaper ?

For home owners and hobbyists Ryobi tools will do anything the more expensive names will do in my opinion. I would probably go with DeWalt for heavier professional use. The batteries aren't cheap for any of the cordless brands. Every now and then BestBuy has the 4mAh on sale and that is the time to buy. I currently have 4 of them and 4 of the 2mAh batteries and in its self is a big investment.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
While Dewalt and Milwaukee are the big names, don't forget about Ridgid or Makita. While not as popular, they have some good lines, too.

I would look more at how versatile the battery system is more than brand name. That's why I went with the Milwaukee FUEL system. Dozens of tools that use the same battery/charger.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post