SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jury acquits New York man who offered $500 bounty to 'anyone who kills' an ICE agent
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Jury acquits New York man who offered $500 bounty to 'anyone who kills' an ICE agent Login/Join 
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
< snip >
Yelling "Fire" in a movie theater isn't protected free speech....
< snip >

I love seeing this statement because it is so flat out wrong it beggars disbelief.

Yelling "FIRE!" in a theater that isn't on fire simply to cause panic isn't first amendment protected speech; however, yelling "FIRE!" in a theater that is on fire so that those present can attempt to save themselves is protected speech. It is all about context.

No shit Sherlock, everyone except you understood what was meant. Next time time I will use small phrases and words b/c if that’s what you take away from this thread, they must be necessary.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
This thread never disappoints.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
This thread never disappoints.

It’s been part of my signature since it’s inception. I check back every now and again just to see if either of these shitgibbons has posted. Each time, Para has beat me to it.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
Folks may not like what he said, but he had the Right to say it.

Seems legit to me.

I don’t like folks trying to take my 2A Rights away.

What the hell are you talking about? This is not a freedom of speech situation. The difference here is that he made a call to action.

I have every right to say I hate blacks or I hate Jews, but what I don't have a right to say is "go kill that person." That is a call to action and is not protected speech.

Not to mention offering what amounts to a bounty for killing an ICE agent!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post