SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jury acquits New York man who offered $500 bounty to 'anyone who kills' an ICE agent
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Jury acquits New York man who offered $500 bounty to 'anyone who kills' an ICE agent Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I needed a shot of the DOORS!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
“There are a lot of things I say and not all of them have the same quality of thought”

I just ran across this quote from Elon Musk who is on trial. Change the word 'say' to 'post' and I think we can all relate.

lol

Quote is from this article about Musk's trial for calling the cave rescue diver a pedo:
https://www.theverge.com/2019/...igence-la-courthouse

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
No I don't think he's arguing that it was a joke and the defendant didn't think it would be seriously taken. He's actually saying that's it's ok to solicit murder as long as no one takes you up on the offer.

That's what I attempted to draw out of him back a few pages (p.13) ... but he didn't respond.

He thinks he's defending the Bill of Rights, but he doesn't seem to understand that one man's rights end where they infringe on another man's rights.

Your Liberty To Swing Your Fist Ends Just Where My Nose Begins

https://quoteinvestigator.com/...5/liberty-fist-nose/

No lol... Your Rights ended where the Government said so.
10 round magazine limits in some States are proof of this.
And if You don’t see that, then you deserve a limitation.

No Dumbass, Your Rights End Where My Rights (and the Rights of Others) Begin!

I wonder if you were as well liked in Great Britain as you are here....Or were you forced to leave?

I guess we'll never know!

lol...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8862 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Anyone else remember when Sunday was the standard day for meltdowns? It was a running joke at some point but it was also a tradition and I think there’s something to be said for traditions.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Report This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Wonder how he made it this long as a member here?

Who said it’s him posting.
Now who’s account should I fuck with next?
You fucking morons.

I've paid my dues
Time after time
I've done my sentence
But committed no crime
And bad mistakes
I've made a few
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through
We are the champions, my friends
And we'll keep on fighting 'til the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world
I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it's been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12614 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who said it’s him posting.
Now who’s account should I fuck with next?
You fucking morons.

I'm impressed you can type.

Posts: 8607 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9682 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
Interesting.

Very keen observation. lol

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Veni,vidi,Vici
Picture of Campusninja
posted Hide Post
lol

Posts: 1260 | Location: Michigan | Registered: February 09, 2003Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
Y’all know we are having an increase of violence against law enforcement ranging from dumping water over them to outright murder Mad...ICE is under attack from the left for upholding the law. It doesn’t take a stretch of imagination for this cock sucker (I use this term literally) is adding fuel to the fire with his $500 bounty offer to kill an ICE agent (the “Squad” more than likely supports this). First I am surprised with his being acquitted...but I’m also surprised that any members of this Forum have posted what I (and others here) consider “support” for his words Confused”...

Well fuck me running...sadly I digress...God bless this officer and his family as they deal with this tragedy...we are in a war in this nation Frown

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ark...ment-deadly-incident

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I figured it out.

LOL = Lame Ol Limey

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
Today I am reminded of this classic from Willie Nelson with regard to LB and FB.

lol

Turn out the lights
The party's over
They say that
All good things must end
Call it tonight
The party's over
And tomorrow starts
The same old thing again...

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Report This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
So I am curious, was he acquitted due to the fact that the court did not believe he really meant it?

So basically unless someone actually killed an ICE agent and cited his communication he is ok?

So what if someone did the same to him?

I guess it makes sense a bit since people have been saying the same about Trump and while they normally get a visit by the SS they are not often arrested unless the SS believes they pose a credible threat.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:
Wow.

The lengths some will go to rather than admitting they're wrong.

No, you don't have the right to make threats. It's also worth pointing out that the Constitution doesn't grant the right of free speech, or to bare arms. It limits what the government may do in both cases.

We all have natural rights, but those are not unlimited. Point of fact, the limit is often when you intersect with someone else's rights. Such as your speech being free, until you threaten harm to someone else.

I'm disappointed in both members, but at least one is an adult.

Prof. Walter Williams wrote the following:
quote:
At least in the standard historical usage of the term, a right is something that exists simultaneously among people. A right confers no obligation on another. For example, the right to free speech is something we all possess. My right to free speech imposes no obligation upon another except that of non-interference. Similarly, I have a right to travel freely. That right imposes no obligation upon another except that of non-interference.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
So I am curious, was he acquitted due to the fact that the court did not believe he really meant it?

So basically unless someone actually killed an ICE agent and cited his communication he is ok?

I guess it makes sense a bit since people have been saying the same about Trump and while they normally get a visit by the SS they are not often arrested unless the SS believes they pose a credible threat.

I don't know. I could be wrong, but I don't think anybody ever advertised that they will pay others to kill the President. Other shit, yes, but they are not the same thing as what the asshole of the OP solicited.

Q

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

I don't know. I could be wrong, but I don't think anybody ever advertised that they will pay others to kill the President. Other shit, yes, but they are not the same thing as what the asshole of the OP solicited.

Agreed...just trying to understand why he was acquitted, was there a valid legal reason or was it due to the location of the trial and the bias of the court.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

Agreed...just trying to understand why he was acquitted, was there a valid legal reason or was it due to the location of the trial and the bias of the court.

....jury of his peers.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

....jury of his peers.

A Boston jury. No way! Get out!

Q

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Doesn't the presiding judge have the authority to override the jury? I seem to recall that in the past.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Doesn't the presiding judge have the authority to override the jury? I seem to recall that in the past.

Sometimes the Judge is the problem by the way the instructions to the jury are worded.

Like I said in a previous post this could be bad investigation, bad prosecutor/great defense attorney, bad judge (by allowing what is entered into evidence and what isn't or rulings during trial or jury instructions), bad jury selection or just a liberal jury doing jury nullification (going to acquit regardless of evidence). None of us sat through the trail, so we don't know. We do know, thanks to Para, of a similar case in Asheville NC resulting in a conviction.

Posts: 3925 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post