SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ESPN. Boycott advertising
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ESPN. Boycott advertising Login/Join 
posted
I am so weary of this! The only tool the Liberals fear is financial. The better half of the country supports Conservative positions.

Write the shows sponsors and boycott their products... I am going to do it!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com...m_term=.8a784bd3b629

Partial sponsors list

Nikon Inc. 1300 Walt Whitman Road Melville, NY 11747-3064

IBM Corporation 1 New Orchard Road Armonk, New York 10504-1722 United States 914-499-1900

Hewlett-Packard Company3000 Hanover St. Palo Alto, CA 94304-1185 USA (650) 857-1501

K-Swiss 31248 Oak Crest Dr. Westlake Village, CA 91361,,,

Michelin Tire 2 Patewood Dr. Greenville, SC 29615 (864) 234-5000 &

The Progressive Insurance Corporation 6300 Wilson Mills Road Mayfield Village, Ohio 44143,,,

Lincoln Mercury World Headquarters 1 Glen Bell Way Irvine, CA 92618-3344 949-341-7500,,,

Miller Brewing Headquarters 3939 W Highland Blvd Milwaukee, WI 53208 414-931-2700,,,

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's an idiot and ESPN should fire her. Anyone in her position who thinks saying shit like that on Twitter is going to be considered her "personal opinion" is a fool. Of course her employer is going to pissed off when they start taking heat over it. But because it's about Trump, all the people with Trump Disorder Syndrome lose all their common sense too.

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I wrote ESPN customer service a complaint email just now and canceled my Insider/ESPN the magazine subscription. I've been growing more and more tired of their politics spilling into my sports.

I deleted the ESPN preset on my radio this morning on my way in and replaced it with Fox Sports.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

ESPN is paying a really big price for its politics (and bad programming). People are dumping it in RECORD numbers. Apologize for untruth!

4:20 AM - 15 Sep 2017
11,060 Retweets 43,723 Likes

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
IMO, there were already a ton of valid reasons to boycott ESPN and their advertisers before this latest nonsense.

Posts: 107552 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I quick watching ESPN a while ago. There race bait as much as they talk sports. Everything is racial.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
IMO, there were already a ton of valid reasons to boycott ESPN and their advertisers before this latest nonsense.

This is the last straw!!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Only time I have eyes on espn now is when I'm at the gym. Fortunately I can't hear it unless I plug my headphones into the jack on the cardio equipment. We also dropped to a tier of Dish that doesn't include the 30 ESPN variants.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Just sent ESPN a scorching email. Screw 'em!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I don't think this boycott idea is going to go anywhere. Al Sharpton has said he will boycott ESPN if they fire Jemele Hill. If everybody threatens to boycott for opposing reasons, they will have to pick a side and stick with it. You know which side they'll pick.

I think the best thing to do is to cut the cord so ESPN will lose subscribers. Fewer subscribers means lower advertising rates for them and less money in their pockets. Does anyone know a good streaming service that doesn't bundle ESPN in their package?

Posts: 3381 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ESPN, which had already distanced itself from Hill’s depiction of Trump as “a white supremacist,” has not fired Hill, but a report claimed that ESPN did try to take Hill off the air Wednesday and Smith reportedly also refused to do the show without Hill...

Spineless upper management refuse to remove these two race baiters, but Asian Sportscaster Robert Lee is pulled several weeks ago because of his name?

FUCK ESPN.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just deleted the ESPN app from my phone. Wasn't watching the NFL anymore and I can add ESPN to the list of worthless fucks.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Anxious to discuss President Trump's tweet against ESPN (and host Jamele Hill's comments), CNN set female anchor Brooke Baldwin on the task to get to the bottom of whether Hill did anything worth being fired for or if evil President Trump was trying to crush her First Amendment rights.

The interview started to go pear-shaped very quickly.

Addressing the question of the first amendment, Fox Sports Radio's Clay Travis said...

"I'm a first amendment absolutist and believe in only two things completely - the First Amendment and boobs..."

Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24100 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Seeing as I hold the entire concept of "professional" "sports" in utter disdain, not watching or paying any attention to ESPN is pretty much a given.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15221 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by chellim1:
Anxious to discuss President Trump's tweet against ESPN (and host Jamele Hill's comments), CNN set female anchor Brooke Baldwin on the task to get to the bottom of whether Hill did anything worth being fired for or if evil President Trump was trying to crush her First Amendment rights.

The interview started to go pear-shaped very quickly.

Addressing the question of the first amendment, Fox Sports Radio's Clay Travis said...

"I'm a first amendment absolutist and believe in only two things completely - the First Amendment and boobs..."

Big Grin

So AWESOME!!!!

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That is the best 2:41 seconds of broadcasting in CNN's history. It really tugged at my heart strings. God bless you Clay Travis you wonderful human being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
ESPN College Game Day was in Blacksburg, VA yesterday for the Clemson/VA Tech game. This sign was in the crowd behind the set. I don't believe ESPN highlighted it or awarded it "sign of the day." It's good though

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
They can sit around and watch and listen to themselves. See how that works. Have not been a watcher for years.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Seeing as I hold the entire concept of "professional" "sports" in utter disdain, not watching or paying any attention to ESPN is pretty much a given.

My thoughts exactly.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post