SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else a bit concerned about the musical chairs in the Trump administration????
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else a bit concerned about the musical chairs in the Trump administration???? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Ted Cruz is not a good alternative in any case--his not being born in the US and only having one citizen parent at the time just cries for arguments against his eligibility for the office. (I still believe that Obama was not eligible and that Cruz, Rubio, and Jindal are not, either. I hold with the definition of "natural born" that was accepted when the Constitution was written.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
Dad is deployed to Japan and mom moves there with him. 9 months later, I'm born in Japan. What is my "natural born" citizenship? Certainly not Japanese.....??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^
Dad is deployed to Japan and mom moves there with him. 9 months later, I'm born in Japan. What is my "natural born" citizenship? Certainly not Japanese.....??
If both your parents were US citizens at the time you were born, you are "natural born" US citizen and it does not matter where it happened. This condition is not in dispute. It is my understanding that the "natural born" criterion in the eligibility for office of President was put there to insure that the occupier of that office (and Commander in Chief of the military) did not have "dual citizenship" with another country and thus might have divided loyalty. If both parents were already US citizens they would have no ties to another country (naturalization requires renunciation of other citizenships) and the child would not inherit a dual citizenship. Ordinary citizenship is not as restrictive--being born in the US, having one parent a citizen, or going through naturalization proceedings confers ordinary citizenship; "natural born" is more restrictive, and was intended to be.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by billr:...I really hope we'll be able to come up with a viable candidate...

Some defects take a long time to breed out, often, generations.

Unless we have a major reset in this country, we likely will not see your "viable" candidate for a long time.

Funny, that we want the prefection of our fantasy self to rise to the position.

We wish to create everything in our own (imagined) image.

Sometimes, you do the best with what you have in front of you with wich to work, and you take care of that thing so it may server you well and long.

Sadly, our society has come to be a throw away, instant buy online, 8 seconds of attention span and no more than 240 characture infomration or we zone out and find ourselves distracted by the next sports clip, pic of some bimbo's ass, or salacious story.

God forbid we get something less than perfect.

I voted for Trump, because I see past all the stupid shit people are focusing on. I think he has a brilliant and "trollish" mind, in that he knows how to push peoples buttons.

Funny that the manipulators don't like being manipulated and their too self absorbed to see what he is doing, every day, all day long.

I have known people like Trump. They may not be the most eloquent of speach, and may not have impeccable manners or behavior, and their demeanor my put people off, but damn are they wicked smart, and they suceed in what they do, and the do what they accel in action.

I did not cast a vote against Hillary. I voted for Trump.

And given what he has accomplished in spite of all the opposition, and much from within his camp, I am impressed.

And FWIW, on debate one, question one, DJT was asked if he would support the nominee, and he said he would. I have no doubt, that whomever would have been nominated, he would have thrown in 100%.

Sad that so many of the others were too short of caliber to stand behind him. Those who did, did so with prejiduce.

It almost makes me ashamed to be on such a team.

But, all said and done, I know a winner when I see one. And DJT is still winning.

Like it or not, believe it or don't.

MAGA!

The Monkey speaks the truth and I agree with everything written above.

MAGA! Indeed.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6484 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
^^^^^ Ted Cruz is not a good alternative in any case--his not being born in the US and only having one citizen parent at the time just cries for arguments against his eligibility for the office. (I still believe that Obama was not eligible and that Cruz, Rubio, and Jindal are not, either. I hold with the definition of "natural born" that was accepted when the Constitution was written.)

flashguy

I agree with you. I never thought Obama was eligible for the office.
But... that horse has left the barn.
It's going to be up to the Supreme Court to decide and they punted.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post