SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else a bit concerned about the musical chairs in the Trump administration????
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else a bit concerned about the musical chairs in the Trump administration???? Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You want something to be nervous about, think of President Hillary Clinton.

Count your blessings

I am clear on that.
Just seems to be a lot of turn over very quickly.

Trump likes to fire people. We knew that.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of these people that are hired and fired are discovered for who and what they truly are and when that comes to the surface, it's removed.

Anyone familiar with refining most metals knows that high melt point metals are easy to remove impurities because they float to the surface when enough heat is applied and can be poured off. Low melt point require "salting" or adding other components to bind with the impurities and then they can be removed.

Trump is draining the swamp and refining, some things are easy to clear, and some require adding something then removing the crap.

To someone not familiar, adding then removing looks like a lot of wasted time effort and resources.

Our part is to trust the man we elected, trust that he is a craftsman at work and support him by pushing back against the efforts to hamstring his efforts.

Remember, he is the "face" of the good people of this country and her future, those opposing Trump are actually opposing us.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
What we are seeing (and the MSM is having conniption fits over) is just politics that are 180 degrees opposed to what we have been seeing over the last 12-16 (or more) years...it ain't "business as usual"...it's finally "business as it should be"...I for one am pleased...no matter how "they" twist and play it...rock on President Trump!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I have to admit, and I know I'm in the minority here, but everything about the Trump presidency so far concerns me. And the biggest concern is with Trump himself. It's beyond obvious to me, there is something seriously wrong with him mentally.

That's all I'm going to say. I could go on and on about it..

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2010Challenger:
I have to admit, and I know I'm in the minority here, but everything about the Trump presidency so far concerns me. And the biggest concern is with Trump himself. It's beyond obvious to me, there is something seriously wrong with him mentally.

Are you serious? You listen to too much CNN.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Trump is not firing most of these people they are walking. Like I said earlier many can't take the outside noise and pressure like Trump.
But lets be clear this is not a episode of Apprentice where he is firing people every day.
They are leaving on their own volition for reasons we will probably never know.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8531 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Please speak freely and get it out of your system. What's your opinion of Trumps Mental State?

Don't beat around the bush with rumors and innuendo speak your mind. As it is you're slandering the President without any facts.

This ain't cnn.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's all I'm going to say.
That's right.

I looked at your posting history:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...tType=1&u=8220037614

There's almost nothing about firearms. You just show up one day and start posting about subjects which aren't the primary theme of this forum. On top of that, you start spewing this crap about the President's mental state.

Why are you here? You're not really interested in firearms and your politics is in the toilet. Why are you here?

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Trump is the sanest person in DC. That's why everyone thinks he's strange. Anyone who lives n the real world can see that.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope, not at all concerned.

This.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You want something to be nervous about, think of President Hillary Clinton.

Count your blessings

I am clear on that.
Just seems to be a lot of turn over very quickly.

Who cares. It has happened in plenty of other administrations. Most people didn't notice it because the 24 hour news cycle that Trump had to run against wasn't constantly saying "EMANUAL OUT. OBAMA PRESIDENCY ABOUT TO FOLD". Instead, the media made little of it. When it was brought up the media covered it up. Hardly a blip on the teleprompter. He was the beloved leader of our country. Now, Trump. He is the devil. Just ask them. That is why he has led the 24 hour news cycle over how many scoops of ice cream he gets, etc.

Want to know that he is doing a good job? The fact that McConnell, Ryan and company hate him is enough.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't remember the exact number, but Obama had 4-6, something like that, chiefs of staff in his first year. I can think of no administration that kept a press secretary through its entirety. Nobody is saying jack about that.

Posts: 27948 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
There is another factor at work as well.

We have become accustomed to every problem being discovered, examined, explained and solved in 30 minutes, minus commercials. A big problem gets a 90 minute special.

Real life doesn't move that fast. The problems and run up to WWII, for example, evolved over several years.

I remember complaining to my dad how long it took me to read Churchill's 6 volume history of WWII. His response was, "you should have seen how long it was to live it!" It wasn't all VE and VJ Days euther. For a very long time, the outcome was in considerable doubt. It all worked out OK, but lots of worry, and uncertainty, and sacrifice.

We see a program about the civil war. It lasts an hour. Nice and tidy! All doubts resolved. That's TV, not real life.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have become accustomed to every problem being discovered, examined, explained and solved in 30 minutes, minus commercials. A big problem gets a 90 minute special.

Good point. Adding to that is how humans use technology to find answers. It used to be that you looked something up in an encyclopedia, went to the library for reference materials or asked someone with more experience. Now the tendency is to go to the computer and get a quick answer.

I remember reading newspaper stories that ran several pages covering issues in depth. No more.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Good point. Adding to that is how humans use technology to find answers. It used to be that you looked something up in an encyclopedia, went to the library for reference materials or asked someone with more experience. Now the tendency is to go to the computer and get a quick answer.

I remember reading newspaper stories that ran several pages covering issues in depth. No more.

They are supposed to tell what happened, accurately if possible, and not what to think about what happened.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
It has to be very hard to work for Trump.

Not only does he seem to expect actual performance and results, but once you are on the payroll, the progressives are going to make life as miserable as possible, scurrilous accusations, insults, threats, constant pressure to avoid risks they impose, a careless word, unseemly appearance, etc.

An extremely accurate and important point.

Imagine being a friend or person working for Trump/The White House; sitting in the hot seat, you'll be attacked from all fronts, Democrats, Republicans, leftist special interest groups, academia, and especially the media. And of course working for a guy like Trump who is used to winning and getting things done. The high pressure is enough to rattle many people.

And of course working for Barry was a piece of cake job; getting your ass kissed by the MSM, and no real pressure to produce.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And you have to be very careful, too. A lot of what you find on the internet is baloney, a defect several have pointed out, and many have been victimized by.

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." Winston Churchill

THE SIGGUY
Picture of SIGGUY (THE 1ST)
posted Hide Post
I voted for him and back him, until the end. I will say and have said Id wish be would stop the tweets, and get some stability in the cabinet.

-------------------------------------------------------2/28/2015 ~ Rest in peace Dad. Lt Commander E.G.E. USN Love you.

Posts: 5296 | Location: Great State of NH | Registered: January 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

And you have to be very careful, too. A lot of what you find on the internet is baloney, a defect several have pointed out, and many have been victimized by.

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." Winston Churchill

Back in the nineties when I was working in networking software, we use to say, "You can find anything on the Internet. 90% of what you find will be pure bovine effluent though, and the trick is figuring out which 10% is of any value."

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
He canned a number of campaign staffers last year and everyone was concerned about that, too.

I'm not concerned. The man knows how to administrate like a boss, and part of that success is firing employees who are a bad fit before they can damage the brand. Message sent: If you want to play on team Trump, you need to be loyal, and you need to be an all-star.

Posts: 17122 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post