SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question about Channellock 841S 8-in-1 Ratcheting Wrenches
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Channellock 841S 8-in-1 Ratcheting Wrenches Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Channellock 841S 8-in-1 SAE 2 Piece Ratcheting Wrench Set | 8 sizes in 2 Pieces Including 5/16, 3/8, 7/16 ,9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4-Inch | 12 Point Ratchet | Heat Treated for Durability | Made in USA

www.amazon.com/dp/B004D56RZ0/r...i_fabc_E0MYFb5F8E22M

Two double end wrenches, so seemingly 4 sizes, but the description says 8 sizes. If there are removable inner inserts it’s not apparent in the photos (and the description says “2 pieces”). So how 8 sizes?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Each handle has two openings contains a socket.
Each socket has two different sizes..

Like a coin a head and tails....heads one size tails another

Because they ratchet in both directions it’s able to put eight sockets in two handles

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11278 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
Each end has two sizes. If you look closely you'll see that it's broached all the way through with the smaller size and only half way with the larger size.

I'm pretty sure these are made by Lang and were also available under the Craftsman name back in the day.
They are made from stamped steel and I'm not a big fan of them, but if you are needing made in USA and not wanting to pay for S-K X frames, you might like them.

I like my Lang hose pinch pliers and snap ring pliers that are stamped but everything else, I would try to buy forged.

Posts: 1059 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackTalonJHP:
Each end has two sizes. If you look closely you'll see that it's broached all the way through with the smaller size and only half way with the larger size.
<snip>

Ah, so – Thanks. That’s a deal killer for me.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8946 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post