SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I found 22LR bulk ammo!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I found 22LR bulk ammo! Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Multiple boxes on the shelf at the local Walmart. I just stood there staring like I’d found a unicorn until an associate walked up and asked if I needed anything. I’m buying a lottery ticket while this run of luck is going!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
In any of the Crawl-Marts in my area, 22LR has been plentiful for months.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14005 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
First time for me in years.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has been quite some time ( coincidence with just after the presidential election!?) that the .22 flood gates finally opened. Heck around here we are actually starting to see it go on sale from time to time!
Finding bulk pack though is a bit like finding a silver plated turd- bulk pack ( with the exception of the recently introduced Eley) is always the bottom rung of the ladder from each company in regards to accuracy reliability and quality control. I will shoot bulk pack when the choice is bulk pack or don’t shoot and that is about it

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! I can find .22 in the gun stores most of the time now, but I haven't seen any in a Wal Mart around here in ages.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
PSA has been running a deal on Cci 500 rds for $20 and free shipping on 5+. I stopped checking the local stores. I can’t remember the last time I was in a Walmart.

Dunham’s has had bulk ammo for a while.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
Academy had a promo going on federal champion .04/round a few days ago

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
All over online!

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3584 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
As Parabellum wisely advises, it's quiet now. Stock up.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
PSA has been running a deal on Cci 500 rds for $20 and free shipping on 5+.

Thanks for this. I didn't think I'd see $0.04 per round for 22 LR again (Blazer). Just got 2500 rounds, plus free shipping!

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigJoe:
In any of the Crawl-Marts in my area, 22LR has been plentiful for months.

Same here and the prices are coming down.

Was the first time I saw the federal 550 boxes again though. Normally its Remington, Federal 325, Winchester, etc.

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're drowning in .22 ammo down here . Have been for a good while . All types centerfire too .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
As Parabellum wisely advises, it's quiet now. Stock up.

I’m still decently stocked up from before the panic but I still picked up a 550 box.

Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
I have used Target Sports! Free shipping on bulk orders! https://www.targetsportsusa.co...nose-0035-p-884.aspx

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
I have about 100K rounds of CCI SV that I picked up lately!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Local gun store has had pallets of bulk 22 ammo for a couple years now. I have not bought any ammo from Walmart in years as they were almost always out and when they did have in stock prices were too high.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Been available online for a year. Case at a time and the shipping is fine.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I just bought some 1675 packs at Cabela in metal ammo cans for under 5 cents a round. It was federal. That is as good as I can get direct from federal with the instructors program.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shortages and buying limits are a thing of the past around here, but I think there are still some people who have conditioned themselves into panic buying habits. But as has been said many times, when things are cheap and available, that's the time to buy. I'm still stocking up but I can afford to be selective and only buy when the price is good. For me, that's under 5 cents per round for bulk.

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
PSA 22LR 19.99 box of 500, free shipping on 5 boxes or more. right now.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14005 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post