SIGforum
I found 22LR bulk ammo!

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1640026144

May 11, 2018, 10:23 AM
Leemur
I found 22LR bulk ammo!
Multiple boxes on the shelf at the local Walmart. I just stood there staring like I’d found a unicorn until an associate walked up and asked if I needed anything. I’m buying a lottery ticket while this run of luck is going!
May 11, 2018, 10:41 AM
BigJoe
In any of the Crawl-Marts in my area, 22LR has been plentiful for months.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!
May 11, 2018, 10:49 AM
Leemur
First time for me in years.
May 11, 2018, 11:03 AM
captain127
It has been quite some time ( coincidence with just after the presidential election!?) that the .22 flood gates finally opened. Heck around here we are actually starting to see it go on sale from time to time!
Finding bulk pack though is a bit like finding a silver plated turd- bulk pack ( with the exception of the recently introduced Eley) is always the bottom rung of the ladder from each company in regards to accuracy reliability and quality control. I will shoot bulk pack when the choice is bulk pack or don’t shoot and that is about it
May 11, 2018, 11:14 AM
Perception
Congratulations! I can find .22 in the gun stores most of the time now, but I haven't seen any in a Wal Mart around here in ages.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."
May 11, 2018, 11:17 AM
Oz_Shadow
PSA has been running a deal on Cci 500 rds for $20 and free shipping on 5+. I stopped checking the local stores. I can’t remember the last time I was in a Walmart.

Dunham’s has had bulk ammo for a while.
May 11, 2018, 11:28 AM
DanPatWork
Academy had a promo going on federal champion .04/round a few days ago
May 11, 2018, 11:37 AM
Andyb
All over online!

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
May 11, 2018, 12:42 PM
darthfuster
As Parabellum wisely advises, it's quiet now. Stock up.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier
May 11, 2018, 12:47 PM
1967Goat
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
PSA has been running a deal on Cci 500 rds for $20 and free shipping on 5+.

Thanks for this. I didn't think I'd see $0.04 per round for 22 LR again (Blazer). Just got 2500 rounds, plus free shipping!
May 11, 2018, 01:00 PM
Excam_Man
quote:
Originally posted by BigJoe:
In any of the Crawl-Marts in my area, 22LR has been plentiful for months.

Same here and the prices are coming down.

Was the first time I saw the federal 550 boxes again though. Normally its Remington, Federal 325, Winchester, etc.

May 11, 2018, 01:02 PM
selogic
We're drowning in .22 ammo down here . Have been for a good while . All types centerfire too .
May 11, 2018, 02:18 PM
Leemur
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
As Parabellum wisely advises, it's quiet now. Stock up.

I’m still decently stocked up from before the panic but I still picked up a 550 box.
May 14, 2018, 08:22 PM
ace73
I have used Target Sports! Free shipping on bulk orders! https://www.targetsportsusa.co...nose-0035-p-884.aspx
May 14, 2018, 10:50 PM
TomS
I have about 100K rounds of CCI SV that I picked up lately!

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.
May 14, 2018, 11:54 PM
grumpy1
Local gun store has had pallets of bulk 22 ammo for a couple years now. I have not bought any ammo from Walmart in years as they were almost always out and when they did have in stock prices were too high.
May 15, 2018, 12:02 AM
RHINOWSO
Been available online for a year. Case at a time and the shipping is fine.
May 15, 2018, 08:14 AM
Zecpull
I just bought some 1675 packs at Cabela in metal ammo cans for under 5 cents a round. It was federal. That is as good as I can get direct from federal with the instructors program.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.
May 15, 2018, 10:32 AM
bigwagon
Shortages and buying limits are a thing of the past around here, but I think there are still some people who have conditioned themselves into panic buying habits. But as has been said many times, when things are cheap and available, that's the time to buy. I'm still stocking up but I can afford to be selective and only buy when the price is good. For me, that's under 5 cents per round for bulk.
May 16, 2018, 04:04 PM
BigJoe
PSA 22LR 19.99 box of 500, free shipping on 5 boxes or more. right now.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!