SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Defining Moments - Can you identify one in your life?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Defining Moments - Can you identify one in your life? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
8/26/95.....Married the Honeybadger.

Posts: 363 | Location: North Coast | Registered: October 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The day my son came to life.

The day the Twin Towers went down.

The day when I first decided to start my business.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine, now deceased, begged me to go to the Florabama with them. It was a Thursday night. The truth is they needed a designated driver. As I was sitting sober, a knockout who was also sober sat down. She was on spring break from Troy State. We have be m married 19 years this year. And btw, she's still a knockout.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig M11
posted Hide Post
Late August 1989 (Quantico, VA): "I want your DOR!"

May 11, 1997 (Quantico, VA): I [name] do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

November 10, 1999 (Reston, VA): Two girls enter the world.

September 11, 2001 (The Pentagon): "Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America."

Posts: 1406 | Location: Wilmington, Delaware | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The day I got married and the day I delivered daughter-chan.

There are other days, my long list of shouldn't-have-lived experiences, some paths I elected not to travel, some paths I got off of in the nick of time, and others that are equally memorable.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31383 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Long story short, had I not gone up a set of stairs I never would've set into motion a chain of events and I would've continued studying computer sciences in college instead of switching to economics.

So yeah, deciding to go up a set of stairs completely changed my life.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
The day I met the new neighbor's daughter while waiting for the bus to school. Too long and boring of a story, but that meeting changed my life (in a positive way).

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post