SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommend a mattress?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommend a mattress? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
I posted this on another thrread but will repost that I/we LOVE out Tuft and Needle!
I think you’re the one that got me interested in them by saying how much you liked it and that it’s Amazons highest ranked bed. Can’t thank you enough, our California King has been so good I will never buy a mattress with springs ever again.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
BEWARE buying mattresses from Amazon because their warranty supersedes manufacturer's warranty. Countless people have bought mattresses from Amazon instead of direct from manufacturer and you only get a 30 day trial instead of the 90 to 100 day trial from the bed in a box manufacturer.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jezsuiz:
I like sterns and foster. I like a firmer bed.

+1 It's what they use in the White House fwiw, Not sure exactly which one though.

I've had one for a few years now and it's just exceptional. Everyone that has lain on it has commented on how exceptional it is.

Not the cheapest but you can spend more. If at all possible at least find a store where you can lay back on one. I picked a mattress the same way I picked out a couch. I laid down on a couple dozen mattresses and picked the one that felt the best before shilling out serious coin for one. Had to sit on even more couches to find a comfy one! LOL

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a Serta Icomfort firm hybrid...which is an inner spring, with gel, and a pillow top.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jumper:
Thanks for all the replies and the links to the other threads. Keep 'em coming -- real reviews are hard to come by. =)

Tempurpedics seem a bit out of my price range. Not sure I believe 'you get what you pay for' is true in the mattress world.

Tempurpedic and sticker shock seem to know each other well.YMMV

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
There’s a company called Saatva that has three lines: spring, memory foam and latex. That’s the order they go in for price too. We went all in for the latex model (Zenhaven). My back is seriously messed up and I have no problem spending the money for quality and sleep. I’m a big guy and the jury is still out for me. I’m not a good case study because I’m always in pain anyway. I will say that their CS is excellent so far.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tuft and Needle was always the one I kept in my Amazon wishlist... until I really started reading the reviews. There are over 11,000 reviews of the T&N, an overwhelming majority of which are 5-star.

iPhones, on the other hand, only have a couple thousand reviews.

To me that reeks of review manipulation by T&N and turned me off from them. Seems commonplace in the mattress world, too.

Posts: 2123 | Location: Dallas TX | Registered: December 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I went and sampled some Tempurpedic mattresses today after reading this thread. Very comfortable and very expensive. They are running a small Black Friday sale, every bit helps.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post