SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody play Risk!?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody play Risk!? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
You don't need australia to win.

I've lost a bunch of times without Australia but never won when I didn't "occupy" it. That being said I pretty much suck at that game.

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
^^^It is very hard to win without starting/capturing the southern hemisphere first. South america IMO is the best, while australia is isolated you have to move your army thru asia and take africa which takes 5 territories to solidly hold, meaning you need a huge army.

That said the last game I played, a 4 person, i drew last and got stuck with australia. So i was patient, and took the middle east and eastern europe which blockaded the right side of the board with only 2 territories. Then gradually took asia, (i recommend doing that last). The bloackade held and then I went to the americas. That is a pretty rare feet with people who know how to play but these were once a year newbs :-)

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really like the game. Have an old one that I got for Christmas as a kid and recently went searching for extra older pieces and cards. Didn't much care for the cheapness of the newer version.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Back in the day we put four boards together and played the entire weekend with very little sleep.
That was back when I was in HS and could stay up all weekend, those days are pretty much over... sigh...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Love Risk. Started playing in the 80's in school at lunch with friends. Still play from time to time but mainly online. Love it!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post