SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    High end work boots.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

High end work boots. Login/Join 
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Nicks Boots. Handmade in Spokane and built to last. They offer multiple types and styles, can buy premade or have them custom fit.

You need look no further.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Thorogood is breaking my heart. I bought a pair of lace to the toe roofer boots in 12E and love them. Wanted to buy another pair and only found them in "wedge" (no heel). Now it seems they've discontinued them all.

I tried to buy some "regular" work boots, and there's no E widths. Just D an EE. I bought a pair of their EE's, too wide. Bought some D's, too narrow. It sucks, I want to buy more of their products and can't. Frown

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
HyTest, have had a pair for 17yrs.
Resoled twice.

http://www.hytest.com/Shop/det...id=17873&sid=&stid=M

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I wear Danner and Belleville Boots.
I have 3 work pair, 1 hunting pair, and 1 dress pair.
I have sent a pair back to Danner for a resole and they also fixed a broken eyelet.
outstanding work and worth the money.
Much better job and getting them resoled locally over the years.

I've worn Wolverine, Merrell, Caterpillar, Timberland, Oakleys and others in the last 40 years.

But from now on it is either Danner and Belleville.
I lean more towards Danner, I currently have 4 pair of them and 1 pair of Belleville.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear Wesco and Whites boots. The Whites are 6 years old Wesco boots are 5 years.

Most important for longevity, go buy a boot drier ( Peets brand) put your boots on the drier overnight, even in the hot summer. It will increase the life three fold and eliminate the bad foot odor!!!!

Keep Americans working, buy American made!

Posts: 709 | Location: western PA | Registered: April 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I have odd shaped feet with very high archs and hammer toes. Red Wing makes a wide with a big boxy toe area.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Can you get them re-crafted from Danner? I had mine done a while ago, came back as good as new!

Danner will recraft them, and apparently they do a terrific job. I found a local cobbler though that will do most of what I need done for about half the price of Danner, and I don't have to ship them. It might be worth it to look around and see if there is anyone local to you that can fix them.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Durability, Red Wing

For comfort, ECCO

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
In the 70s, full shank steel toe Greb Kodiaks. Don't know if they still make them.

Made in Canada and tough as nails.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post