SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Navy-Army 2018 - Go Navy, Beat Army!
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Navy-Army 2018 - Go Navy, Beat Army! Login/Join 
KANE CHARLEY 6
posted Hide Post
For the Utah folks who enjoy Army vs Navy football, mark your day planner for next year. We have an annual Army Navy party at Legends Sports Grill in SLC. This year hosted by the swabbies,next year by Army you don't have to be a grad to attend, open to all interested.

OLDUtahskibum

Posts: 203 | Location: Sandy,UT (Greatest snow on earth) | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
a classic!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Good game Army. Congratulations. See you next year.

Now, all you cadets and midshipmen get back to preparing to properly break things and kill bad guys....

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Perhaps feersum dreadnaught could update to add 2018 to the thread title?

GO NAVY!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24048 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
No way this will outdo last year but still looking forward to it.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12392 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go Army

Army is wearing “Big Red One” uniforms to honor the 100th anniversary of the army’s 1st Infantry Division helping to end World War I.

The sleeves of the jerseys honor the Black Lions of Cantigny. That’s the nickname for the 1st Division’s 28th infantry, which emerged victorious at Cantigny:

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Go Navy - 2018

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Go Navy, Beat Army - although I have my doubts it will happen today... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Go Army!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Information on the Army and Navy Uni's this year.

https://www.sbnation.com/colle...y-navy-uniforms-2018

posted Hide Post
Go Army! And thank you to both!

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I'm an Army guy (67-69) but I'm just rooting for a good game.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
Go Army!
Wearing my dad’s USMA F-1 ‘50 ball cap he got in 2000 for his 50th reunion.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Time to tune in CBS. I wish they’d stop saying everyone on the field is willing to die for their country. Resigned to the fact it is part of the deal, yes. “Willing”? Not so much.

Fact of the afternoon for y’all - when you see the logos of the academies, you’ll see a star (upper right of the N, below the helmet for USMA).

On the respective “letter” sweaters worn by varsity athletes, you get a star for beating the other in your sport.

I’ve got two letters, but no stars - Army didn’t row crew. And just pulled it off the hanger and put it on for the game...

Willie McCool, the USNA alum astronaut killed on the shuttle Columbia, had either 6 or 7 stars - he ran indoor and outdoor track, so had more opportunities (and success) at beating Army.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Go Army! Beat Navy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Time to tune in CBS. I wish they’d stop saying everyone on the field is willing to die for their country. Resigned to the fact it is part of the deal, yes. “Willing”? Not so much

Exactly. It like to think that everyone on that field is willing to kill for us.

Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
A football game I will watch

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
KANE CHARLEY 6
posted Hide Post
That was quick

OLDUtahskibum

Posts: 203 | Location: Sandy,UT (Greatest snow on earth) | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Just got home from the game. Unimpressive football, but it’s everything else that makes it the best day ever.

It’s the only football game that I will ever pay to go see. If you’ve never been, make sure you go at least once.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post