SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I bought so much ammo over the past year in case the election went the wrong way. I get several emails a day it seems with great deals on ammo, but I don't think I'll need to make a purchase for a while. It's comforting to know we've got a few good years ahead of us in the ammo market.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Me too but I want more.

Today, I was able to go to the range and test the new Colt I put together recently.
I went through a meager 60 rounds of M855.
Sometimes my side hurts while driving from my surgery earlier this year.

Using ammoholic logic, I had to open a new case to get those 60rds I shot today.
Therefore, and because a case was opened, I can now buy another case of 5.56 and be guilt free.

It doesn't get any better than that.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Logic sounds solid to me. ^^^

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
And...

r2mach1 tells me the RRA receiver and CMMG 300Blackout upper may arrive tomorrow morning.
If so, I'm driving out on the eastern planes to get it.

I have a case of Magtech 125gr supersonic.
Hmmm, if I shoot a box of the 300BLK, that means a case was cracked open and I can buy another case too.

That last sentence reminds me of an old joke.

What did the necrophiliac say to the other necrophiliac?
Want to go crack a cold one?

Bada bing.

posted Hide Post
Well, I am back. Just fell for the old $70.00 for 250 rounds of S&B 00buck ploy at Midway.

Even twisted my arm for a couple of holsters. Damn you Midway and your strong arm tactics. Big Grin

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
Thanks to the post in the ammo section, 1000 rounds of Federal 9mm HST 124 gr is inbound. In the coming weeks, I see IMI razor core (7.62 and 5.56) and 9mm Speer Lawman being ordered.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ammo is so cheap now, it's getting really, really hard to resist the urge. Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Ammo is so cheap now, it's getting really, really hard to resist the urge. Frown

Tell me about it.

I bought a P320 in .45 ACP and now I'm feeling the urge to stock up on ammo for that, despite the fact that: 1. I have limited funds, 2. There are other things I'll need/be needing, 3. The imminent threat seems to have abated and, 4. Ammo prices will probably only drop in the near future.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Avoid Brownell's emails when they have a special on gunpowder (no hazmat fees, one cent shipping). A few pounds of IMR4198 and VV105 may find their way to my abode soon; I guess I just figured the small gods of shooting had decided that summer 2017 was supposed to be the summer of the .38 Super for me.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
It has been 2 long months. I could no longer resist. A 1000 rnd case of 9mm Federal HST and a 200 rnd case of Hornady 300 blk subsonic will come to the porch this afternoon. It is not enough...

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a case of 7.62 and 9mm yesterday. How do you say no to $200 for a case of 7.62?
My GF asked me how many weapons I have and how much ammunition also. She just walked away.
I don't feel bad and never will. Next week is 45ACP ammunition.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of BucFan
posted Hide Post
Split a case of .40 with a friend when Freedom Munitions had a sale on factory ammo and free shipping over $99. $225 shipped for a case of Geco 180gr .40 was too good to pass up.

Also ordered a case of Speer Lawman 147gr 9mm to prepare for the incoming Rugged Obsidian that's hopefully coming in in a few more months.

Sig P229R 9mm - Sig P365 NRA
Sig P320C 9mm - Sig P320 FS .40

Posts: 1045 | Location: FL | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Veteran of the
Psychic Wars
posted Hide Post
Just took in a shipment of 5k rnds (rifle and pistol).

Posts: 1294 | Location: The end of the Earth... | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
We just had record rains and experienced water in the basement. Nothing too bad. The wife asked me what was up with the super heavy boxes we had to move, that I had not yet put away. Dang it.

Contractors coming next week to install improved drains outside. Glad I had the ammo boxes on pallets.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
A close call.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
So work has hit a slow period and things in my house like to break when that happens.

The slow down happens every year exactly 1 week after purchasing a new gun too for some reason, last three years at least.

My latest purchase, 200 rounds of .22LR. Can't buy any ammo now so just a little something to keep from jonesing.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Its time for a box of .380ACP self-defensive rounds. Hmmmmm .....

Hornady Critical Defense, .380 ACP, FTX, 90 Grain
Speer Gold Dot, .380 ACP, GDHP, 90 Grain
COR-BON High Velocity, .380 ACP, JHP, 90 Grain

Probably go with Speer.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Scheduled Delivery Date: Friday, 02/24/2017

This message was sent to you at the request of SGAmmo.com to notify you that the shipment .....

Roll Eyes
again?

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Just ordered 2000 Speer Lawman cleanfire 124 grn 9mm from SG Ammo.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
Its time for a box of .380ACP self-defensive rounds. Hmmmmm .....

Hornady Critical Defense, .380 ACP, FTX, 90 Grain
Speer Gold Dot, .380 ACP, GDHP, 90 Grain
COR-BON High Velocity, .380 ACP, JHP, 90 Grain

Probably go with Speer.

Just picked up the some 9mm 135gr Critical Defense Saturday. Gosh that stuff is pricey.

Why can't I walk past a pile of ammo without buying some of it?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis