SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call Login/Join 
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Before you know it .. they will call us Super ammo owners..
http://fortune.com/2016/09/19/us-gun-ownership/

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of onpointgun
posted Hide Post
I have been ordering 1000 rounds of 9mm from https://www.freedommunitions.com about every 2-3 weeks. It usually takes them that long to ship out an order. I have been shooting allot more since my wife got into it. But at this point I am setting on about 9000 rounds. I am somewhere around 4000 of 5.56 and just starting to stockpile 7.62X39 and .308 hopefully I will hit my 4000 round goal for each before the end of the year.

I will be swift in my attack. My venom is packed with enough pride and gun powder to take down
any adversary that attempts to tread on my freedom. You've been warned, but if you
still want to test me, take a step forward.

Posts: 2033 | Location: ON THE YELLOW BRICK ROAD | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Just ordered another rounds of Wolf 9mm.

Buying it cheap and stacking it...not quite deep yet but it's getting there.

Problem is, not being able to get it shipped to Hawaii, we bring 3-4 checked bags back with us every time we go home. It's works out in the end. Now I gotta figure a way to get it back to the states in 4 years!!!

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6252 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Therein lies the negative.
It weighs a lot and is hard to move.

I think it's about time to take older daughter to the range and put a nice sized dent in the recent collection.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Ending up going on a bit of an ammo bender.

2000 rounds Winchester M855 5.56
1000 rounds Winchester "Service Grade" .45
750 rounds Wolf "Mil-Spec" 5.45
100 rounds ADI linked .50

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It has been kind of quiet.
Nice on the Winchester.

I have a case of that and ditched the plastic box inserts and then stacked 30 per box in each box.
That saved me a third of the room it would have taken up in storage.

Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
IMO, you cannot have too much ammo, too much money or too many muscles.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
I just ordered 400 rounds (2 200 round battle packs) of PPU M193 from Cabela's for $0.35 per round shipped. Used 16BONUS10 for the code.

I like adding battle packs to my long term stash.

In all seriousness, I think I have a problem. I had zero ability to say no to a good deal lately.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1050 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Broke down and ordered a few cases of the 124gr German MEN 9mm once I saw it was back in stock.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/...de-men-germany-men9b

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Uh oh.
Youngest daughter is coming in on the 11th for a few days and oldest daughter broke up with her boyfriend and temporarily moved back home.

That means the 5.56 ammunition I bought will disappear quickly.

It may be time for some PPU M193.

Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
I shot 10 rounds of 22lr this weekend. A strange urge came over me after I did that. The urge was elimiated when I ordered 1000 rounds of Wolf match from SG Ammo.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Ammoholic checking in. I just ordered another 1K of IMI M193 this weekend. That puts me at just under 13K rounds total of 5.56/.223. That's enough, right? I need somebody in my AA support group to tell me that it's enough. Big Grin

I keep telling myself that now I have enough, but when I see it in that nice big case and still at a good price it's hard to say no. Cool

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Ammoholic checking in. I just ordered another 1K of IMI M193 this weekend. That puts me at just under 13K rounds total of 5.56/.223. That's enough, right? I need somebody in my AA support group to tell me that it's enough. Big Grin

I keep telling myself that now I have enough, but when I see it in that nice big case and still at a good price it's hard to say no. Cool

It is not enough. Cool

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Despite wanting more ammo, I went another route today and ordered a pistol upper kit.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ugh. 357SIG or .38 Super?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Both.

Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leavemebe:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:

It is not enough. Cool

Crap! Smile

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I fell off the wagon and it ran over me.

Had an earlier relapse with some PMC XTac 62gr and some Speer gold dot 64gr 5.56/223. 500 of the XTac and 200 of the Gold dot. Oh and 120 of AE 55gr and a spare AR bolt. Thanks for enabling me PSA. Your a peach Big Grin.

Pulled myself up and dusted myself off. Didn't see the wagon coming back at me. But there it was and there it went. Ordered another round of the Speer GD in the 55gr flavor today. 300 rounds to be exact. The one good thing, my purchases are getting smaller. But, I'm getting more top shelf product.

I think I have an ammo hangover now. My head and my wallet both have issues.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It suck, don't it.

I was perusing around SGAmmo's site looking at 5.56, and I'm stunned by how many items are out of stock.

i think sigforum is responsible for this.

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
My brother stops by my office this morning, and sees some boxes of FNH 5.7x28. Here's the conversation:

Him: "Do you have a 5.7?"
Me: "No, but it was a really good price." Roll Eyes

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post