SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig226fan:

This is getting expensive.

It's not an expense, it's an investment.

That's it ! I'm an investor, kind of like Warren Buffet...?

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I fail to see the problem.

Maybe admitting it is the first step?

Fuck that. I can stop whenever I want.

Big Grin. Exactly.

I started keeping a surplus a bit after joining this forum and do not regret. Between kids and wife I'm easily 500+ rounds a month. I just buy in 1000s so run a surplus. Not counting .22, I'm at a third of LBJ and slowly growing...but with new MPX I just picked up today I'm going to need to increase my 9mm stock.

I can quit anytime Razz

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Our UPS guy said, smiling, "I hate you".

Mine has said it with his eyes, he was not smiling as he delivered 4,500 rounds in one load.

I'm actually going through withdrawals at the moment, down to 1,100 rds of FMJ 9mm. It gets scary when you've hit rock bottom. I'm about to go stand on the corner with a sign that says "will work for 9mm" Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
No no no no.

If you slip under 3K of 9MM, you should have already picket up a case. If you do such, you don't need detox for the DTs (delusional tremors).

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
They say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

My problem is I dont have enough shelf space.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I spent a few hours last weekend arranging the ammo cans Took older ammo out to use over the next few months and put all the new stuff in the cans. I figure about 17K rounds of 45, 9mm .357 Mag ,38sp, 44 Mag. 40 S&W, 357 Sig, .22LR and .17HMR.

Need more 45 and 9mm.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last weekend it poured down rain. I sat in my cave and and thought I felt my house sinking from all the weight. I will just have to buy more to balance out the other side.

rdbtwnthlns

Posts: 463 | Location: PA | Registered: March 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am an ammoholic. I have a $150 a week ammo habit. At least it's not nose candy.

Posts: 311 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is good to have a large stock of ammo until you decide to move.Ask me how I know.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Pffttt! I'm not an ammoholic although I do buy a little bit now and then, just for personal use of course and if I had any friends and they ever came over I could spare some for them maybe, if I could remember where I put it because the safe I bought so I'd have some extra room is so full the shelves are starting to bend and I can only keep a little in our closet because if my wife knew it was there she'd have a hemmorage and so I have to put some of it with the Christmas ornaments in the shed and, LOL, if I ever have a flat I am so screwed because...wheel-well, but SWMBO has triple A so she won't go in there in her car and I left a note and a twenty in there so if the tire mechanic sees it he'll just figure something out, so that's a long way from, being an ammoholic, that's just enough for a good day at the range. I actually need to find a range.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
It is good to have a large stock of ammo until you decide to move.Ask me how I know.

So true.
When I moved from Boulder to where I live now, I had to make two trips.
Sure, could fit in all in the X5, the problem was the suspension.

It's easy to acquire ammunition as it doesn't seem like much.
That is until you have to move it.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
The fact that I didn't bother to open this thread is proof that I don't have a problem!! Wink Big Grin

........Oh, wait.... Eek

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

None of this is my fault, I just cannot help myself, so I have decided to not even try.

Ammoholism is a disease. A disease for which there is no cure. You can't "control" it. You are just the victim.

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Gotta love Santa coming in the brown truck. Big Grin

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Extra storage can be found!

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Still working off some of my stash that I built up in junior high school - "will mow lawns for ammo money".

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I need to increase my supply of 7.52x51.

Looking for a good source. Milsurp stuff.

Other than that, I am pretty well off. Of course us ammoholics always say that.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

So true.
When I moved from Boulder to where I live now, I had to make two trips.
Sure, could fit in all in the X5, the problem was the suspension.

It's easy to acquire ammunition as it doesn't seem like much.
That is until you have to move it.

I agree but nothing compares to moving a large vinyl record collection. When I moved to the new nest a few years back, I moved 10,000 LPs.
That was bloody F'ing murder. Never again.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
I always need 1 more case then I already have...

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Still working off some of my stash that I built up in junior high school - "will mow lawns for ammo money".

Late 70s?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post