SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted
Hi.
I'm lbj and I'm an ammoholic.

I implore each and every one of you to read my sad and sordid tale. Oh woe is me.
I feel this strange need to shoot my older ammunition and replace it with new.

I check all the big internet ammunition stores on a daily basis.
None of this is my fault, I just cannot help myself, so I have decided to not even try.

I think I'll go look at the Remington 22LR 36gr CHP 525rd box that arrived yesterday from Wideners just because I can.

Looking at and fondling large piles of ammunition is almost like sex, you know?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lbj,

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I was, but all of mine went overboard with my guns in that terrible boating accident. Frown

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Yeah, there is never a stopping point either. Space can ALWAYS be found for more ammo.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
If you count 22lr I guess so, your other post knocked me off the wagon. Need a couple thousand 45ACP, 5.56 and 9mm more for range ammo. And a couple hundred 375 Ruger.

Oh and 22LR Big Grin

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking at and fondling large piles of ammunition is almost like sex, you know?

..uhhhnnnn.....

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I too am an ammoholoic, but I also am a reloadingcomponetoholic.

In addition to enough ammo to reenact World War II, I probably have enough components to make the ammo needed to reenact the Vietnam Conflict. Starting with the French invasion in 1787.

And I don't want help stopping.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
"Was that good for your too?" she asked, while lighting a cigarette.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I fail to see the problem.

Maybe admitting it is the first step?

Fuck that. I can stop whenever I want.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
I resemble that remark.

Archerman

Posts: 2476 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Hi.
I'm lbj and I'm an ammoholic.

I implore each and every one of you to read my sad and sordid tale. Oh woe is me.

Though I have 30K rounds ...

Thirty. K.

wow

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigActual
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Fuck that. I can stop whenever I want.

Zackly!

Stay in the Fight!

Posts: 623 | Location: South Florida | Registered: November 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
With exception of what I had cancer and couldn't make it to the range, ammo never lasts long in my house.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I bought another case of 22LR. I plan on buying a .22 pistol someday. (True)

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am an ammoholic

however, not a very good one as my current holdings of 22, 9, 45 and 223 have fallen below 5000

I will try to do better

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am to strong to admit it yet, but it would not be a good thing to have to move ammo cans quickly.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am up there with lbj, not counting .22. I have a big problem! I am running out of spaces to put it! I'm going to have to buy another house with more closets so I can buy more ammo. Big Grin

This is getting expensive.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1106 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
And just where to put it, but what to put it in.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
What ammo??? Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our UPS guy said, smiling, "I hate you".

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My wife is starting to get a little annoyed at all the ammo that keeps piling up in the bedroom (the closet is full). Sigh...maybe one day she'll understand.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post