SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
SGAmmo shipping out of OK is really quick for me.
I ordered Sunday and delivery is scheduled for Wednesday.

That's fast.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I fell off the wagon again and bought a case of this: real "vintage" M193 made in the USA.
It's not XM or made to military specs when it really isn't.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/...plus-ammo-cbc-556mil

I should know better than to read this thread. Oh well, the rounds of 5.56 that my son and I shot this afternoon have been replaced a few times over. One case left.

ETA: The SGAmmo video at the link shows the ammo as made in Brazil. The stats pages shows up around 0:07 into the video. Still, if it is real M193 made to spec, it should be just fine.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Brazil? I should have paid closer attention.
Shooting test results are stellar though, so no regrets.

This looks like good ammo to pass on to my family.
Along with the other 30K rounds I guess. Eek

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My name is ensigmatic and I'm an ammoholic.

Today I stopped by Walmart looking for some Perfecta .223 for test purposes. They didn't have that, but, they did have some Perfecta .380 ACP for 25% off. I don't shoot .380 ACP much. I really "have enough" on-hand. But, I could not turn this down, so I bought 100 rounds.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club.

Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
Found a new source mi amigos.
www.bonefroggunclub.com

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I went and looked over there.
They advertise they only carry USA made ammunition.

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C L Wilkins:
...and more Eley.

CW

This picked up 1000 round of match a month ago

Works great in my cz452....almost boring...almost

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
I was going to wait a few more months before I started hording again since we have the wonderful ammo ban coming Jan 1st 2018, but after seeing this thread resurrected, I just ordered a case of Magtech CBC 5.56mm from SG Ammo Wink

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
My name is ensigmatic and I'm an ammoholic.

Today I stopped by Walmart looking for some Perfecta .223 for test purposes. They didn't have that, but, they did have some Perfecta .380 ACP for 25% off. I don't shoot .380 ACP much. I really "have enough" on-hand. But, I could not turn this down, so I bought 100 rounds.

You only have a mild case.
Truly sick Ammoholics only buy in case lots and the word "enough" is not in their vocabulary.
But there still is hope. Smile

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

I suppose that's true, since there were four boxes on the shelf and I took only two of 'em Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
More than I need, less than I want.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Truly sick Ammoholics only buy in case lots and the word "enough" is not in their vocabulary.

Ah, I dunno. I'm mailing off for a 720-round "case" of Bosnian 7.62x39, and "for some reason" the fact that I'm not buying 1,000 rounds nags at me.

We need a truth in advertising campaign for "real cases".

And S&B needs to send us a few more shiploads, pronto.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I agree.
750 seems hollow compared with a 1000.
It reminds me of coffee sales... 12oz is a pound? Total BS.

SGAmmo shipments come fast to my address, check this out.
Ordered Sunday night.
Order processed for UPS Monday around 6PM.
It's Wednesday and it's on the truck out for delivery.

https://www.ups.com/WebTrackin...z_edatesent=07172017

While this shipment is heading for storage, I will pull 100 rounds just because.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Delivery was minutes ago.

Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
"We can't stop and we won't stop."
Expecting delivery next Tuesday. Smile

Posts: 4816 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
My LGS is having a HUGE sale on Federal ammo. It is all I can do to keep from filling the truck. Minimags for 6.99 9mm 10.99 40 11.99 Help me. I think I saw .223 for under 6 a box.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hapevo:
I was going to wait a few more months before I started hording again since we have the wonderful ammo ban coming Jan 1st 2018, but after seeing this thread resurrected, I just ordered a case of Magtech CBC 5.56mm from SG Ammo Wink

If you're buying single cases, that sounds more like casual use than hoarding. Wink Besides, at SGammo you save on shipping if you buy cases in multiples of two. Just remember, "But honey, I was saving us money!" Big Grin

Seriously though, think about how long you expect to be stuck in this "communist paradise", how much ammunition you'd like to shoot each month, and how much of a margin of safety you'd like beyond that. After all the calculations are made, one thing is clear: you need more ammo.

ETA:
quote:

Truly sick Ammoholics buy in multi-case lots, especially at SGammo, where you save on shipping when you buy in multiples of two cases. Just remember, "But honey, I was saving us money!" Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I suppose that's true, since there were four boxes on the shelf and I took only two of 'em Smile

That sounds like a polite Ammoholic being considerate of others. Just because an Ammoholic usually buys in large quantities doesn't mean that they can never do a small "recreational" buy, and I certainly hope it doesn't mean that they can't be considerate.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
My LGS is having a HUGE sale on Federal ammo. It is all I can do to keep from filling the truck. Minimags for 6.99 9mm 10.99 40 11.99 Help me. I think I saw .223 for under 6 a box.

One of the big online retailers (Grafs?) is having something of a blowout on Federal. Maybe more sales at more places are coming up? I could use some .45 HST.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
Found a new source mi amigos.
www.bonefroggunclub.com

Nothing wrong with them. When prices were high and things more scarce they were awesome. With prices lower, better deals can be found.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post