SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Well my supply is good for my needs but I just bought a case of Federal American Eagle 124 GR from SGAmmo. I find it shoots really well out of all my pistols as in being among the most accurate of practice ammo loads and with the Federal 25 percent rebate it was too hard to pass up and the rabate is ending soon. Fun part is cutting the UPC from all the boxes LOL. I was also able to add 3 boxes of the 124 GR S&B made in Germany for $8.95 a box of 50 and still keep the shipping at $16. I figured why not give those a try too. Smile

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Let us know how you like that 9mm. I was actually able to fight off the temptation when I saw the email this morning, and I'm starting to worry.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Those cheaters.
They should tape the other 80 on top just because.

It's just like when they change the design of the plastic jug they sell laundry soap in, but reduce the capacity of the plastic jug by a few ounces without reducing the price. Packaging = scam! Razz

Yeah, I always add the shipping (if not free), then divide by the number of rounds to get a price per round. Those oddball counts that make me pull out the calculator are just annoying... Smile

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
My October purchase

My Christmas Present.

I have got the Disease Bad

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
You just couldn't help yourself huh?

Some people eat more food in winter and some collect ammo I guess.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Wedding plans are interfering with ammo purchases. Luckily still over 5,000 rds for all calibers. Will likely be 2019 before I restart project 'Stack it Deep'.

I feel weird not having purchased any ammo in six months plus, save for case or two 9mm. I'm feeling very peculiar.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I thought I was done 1/1/2018 until I escape this communist paradise, but I’ve since found out that if one gets an 03 C&R FFL and a COE, one is exempt from the ammo ban. I think I’ll clean up the storage first and at least get current stocks all into one seatrain container, but it is good to know there is a workaround. Big Grin

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I bought 1000 9mm and 1000 .45 to add to the stash, in December. Took advantage of the Federal 200.00 rebate. Still have all the ammo I bought before the election.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I have a hard time passing on CCI SV, and Winchester whitebox 223

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:

Actually California passed a law - no mail orders of ammo to your home anymore. It can be delivered to an FFL where they will add a cost to it and perhaps sales tax.

I have a friend that called a Gun Shop he frequents and was told the fee would be minimum $35 dollars or ten percent whichever is greater. He tried to mail order ammo but missed the deadline.

Figured I would stock up thru the year when I found a good deal.

If I did not work so many hours I would get into reloading.

Will be saving the brass for that.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually gave 1300 rounds of 22lr away as Christmas presents so I wouldn’t feel guilty buying 2000 CCI mini mag. $6.77 per hundred!

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1125 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
quote:

Actually California passed a law - no mail orders of ammo to your home anymore. It can be delivered to an FFL where they will add a cost to it and perhaps sales tax.

I have a friend that called a Gun Shop he frequents and was told the fee would be minimum $35 dollars or ten percent whichever is greater. He tried to mail order ammo but missed the deadline.

A CA resident can skip that BS and continue to order ammunition delivered directly to their home by getting a COE (Certificate of Eligibilty, required to work in a CA gun store) and a 03 C&R FFL (collector’s FFL). SGammo has a page explaining the exemption.

Depending on how much ammo one wants to order, it may be worth it...

ETA, from the SGammo “Conditions of Use” (http://www.sgammo.com/conditions-use) tab at the top of the page under “Restrictions”:

“Attention CA customers : We ship ammunition orders only to FFL dealers, or clients with a C&R type FFL and COE, or active law enforcement officers. Please upload a picture of your required documentation in checkout. Acceptable documentation is an FFL dealer’s license with a COE, or a C&R type FFL and COE, or law enforcement ID pictured next to another state issued ID. The shipping address on the order must match the address shown on your documentation or we will not ship the order. The document image must be .jpeg, .png or .gif.No ammunition will be shipped to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland and San Francisco, CA. Californians, it is your responsibility to be aware of local laws.”

Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
quote:

A CA resident can skip that BS and continue to order ammunition delivered directly to their home by getting a COE (Certificate of Eligibilty, required to work in a CA gun store) and a 03 C&R FFL (collector’s FFL). SGammo has a page explaining the exemption.

Depending on how much ammo one wants to order, it may be worth it...

ETA, from the SGammo “Conditions of Use” (http://www.sgammo.com/conditions-use) tab at the top of the page under “Restrictions”:

“Attention CA customers : We ship ammunition orders only to FFL dealers, or clients with a C&R type FFL and COE, or active law enforcement officers. Please upload a picture of your required documentation in checkout. Acceptable documentation is an FFL dealer’s license with a COE, or a C&R type FFL and COE, or law enforcement ID pictured next to another state issued ID. The shipping address on the order must match the address shown on your documentation or we will not ship the order. The document image must be .jpeg, .png or .gif.No ammunition will be shipped to the cities of Los Angeles, Oakland and San Francisco, CA. Californians, it is your responsibility to be aware of local laws.”

Thanks

I have been pondering getting a C&R for awhile

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks

I have been pondering getting a C&R for awhile

You are more than welcome! Anytime I can help a fellow sufferer get past those communist bastards is a good time. Smile

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
FedEx man came today. Big Grin

Shelf was getting scary low.

2,200 rounds of fun.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
My 15 year old son helped to deplete my ammo supply at the NRA range a few days ago. I ordered 1000 rounds of 5.56 that comes with 10 30 round Pmags. I am also about to order 1000 rounds of Federal 5.56 and Blazer Brass 9mm to take advantage of the rebate.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Bought a case of ammo last week.

Now I have to empty more BMG rounds. Wink

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Our UPS guy said, smiling, "I hate you".
Because he was jealous, or because he hated delivering those heavy boxes?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I bought a can (420 rounds) of Federal LC Armory XM193 on striper clips in cardboard packs. With a 5 cent a round rebate coming. Big Grin

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
The closet in the reloading room looks scarey with the .50 cal boxes hiding the truth of the last year. But all is legal and safe.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post