SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Field and stream had a sale today. Winchester 9mm $9.95 per box (50). regular price $15 per box. had lots on the shelf. cheaper than the 350 box packs

also picked up some 22lr at $10/100 rnds and some 9mm JHP for $19 \

havn't seen prices or quantities this low in a while

ymmv

John

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
I see a problem - it doesn't look like the shelves are bending and there is a lot of available airspace between the stacked boxes and the next shelf up. More shopping needed. Smile

To one degree you are correct, I did mention not to look under my bed Wink.

The shelves are rated for 5,000 lbs, so five shelves means 1,000 lbs capacity. I can stack deeper and higher, plus that's only half the shelf. I have more room to the right. New goal in life 1,000 lbs ammo on shelf (plus under bed case storage for good measure).

I reckon I only have 450-475 lbs there currently. Might take a while to fill it out.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Has anyone mentioned that 8M3 is available? Poly-coated steel case, but it appears to be the unobtanium mirabilis everybody's been talking about on the internutz.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Picked up a 1000 rounds of 9mm Magtech 115
this week but I need more...

Posts: 23433 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I may have to turn in my ammoholic card, I haven't had any ammunition delivered in about a week.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Consider yourself on probation until you go to SGAmmo or another manufacturers site on the internet. I'm sure once you have gone there you will know what to do and then you are off probation. Shouldn't take more than 5 minutes

Posts: 619 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Yeah really.
They'll get in a new shipment of the 9mm Winchester 124gr NATO and my sabbatical could be over.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I did my part.

Americans bought 17,850 tons of imported ammunition in the past 12 months.

quote:
Panjiva identifies the top foreign importer as “Poongsan Corp.” of South Korea. “Fiocchi Munizioni of Italy and Prvi Partizan of Serbia” are next in line, as far as foreign ammunition importers go.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...o-in-last-12-months/

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I finally got all my ammo downstairs and organized, and holy hell, I had a LOT more than I thought hiding in the mud room locker, in my trunk, in my room, in various places other than my ammo shelf...

I organized it by caliber, brand, bullet weight and type. When my wife saw it, she told me "it's like you have your own little ammo store here." Big Grin

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I did my part.

Americans bought 17,850 tons of imported ammunition in the past 12 months.

quote:
Panjiva identifies the top foreign importer as “Poongsan Corp.” of South Korea. “Fiocchi Munizioni of Italy and Prvi Partizan of Serbia” are next in line, as far as foreign ammunition importers go.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...o-in-last-12-months/

Me too!!!

1.400560224089636e-5 percent all by myself!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Huh. Per their website, Poongsan Corp. owns PMC. I had no idea that Americans bought that much PMC.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, 18K tons of imported ammunition.
That's got to be a couple of million cases.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I wonder about domestic.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Hmmm, 18K tons of imported ammunition.
That's got to be a couple of million cases.

I did my part! This thread was quite the enabler.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
I have it on good authority that one of these makes a great ammo storage device. I may need another soon.

Husky Ammo Box

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I may be banned from the thread but we are anonymous, right?

I have shot through 200 rounds of 9mm in two days and have NOT replaced them.

I had my first dud today from a WWB purchased four years ago. No worries as the 100 round box yesterday had 101 so we are even.

BTW, my weak hand shooting at 25' sucks.

Posts: 232 | Location: NC | Registered: May 02, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miataguy
posted Hide Post
There's no such thing as "Too much ammo".

You either have enough, or you need more.

Posts: 186 | Location: Long Beach, CA. | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
OK, back in action. Burned a thousand rounds over the last month, with extra trips to the range over the holidays. Just ordered up a case of 1000 TMJ Speer Lawman .45 auto from SG Ammo.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post