SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Working on topping off oddball calibers now. 5.7 or 32 auto....decisions.

Edit: Friggin PSA and their 5.7 sale.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Those oddballs can be a PITA - around here there doesn't seem to be much of a way to predict what the supply will be like even at the best of times.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Got the cases of MEN 9mm today, great looking ammo. Rounds have a sealed primer. Going to order some more, for the price its hard to beat.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3597 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I might have to order some more Al cased throwaways for 45 and 9mm for the GSSF shoots coming up but otherwise, I'm just gonna keep pulling the handle on the Blue Machine.

Primers, powder and bullets have been very available the latter part of this year.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Just ordered $720 worth of ammo.....

2,000 Rounds 124gr 9mm FMJ
3,250 Rounds .22LR Automatch
100 Rounds HST 124gr +P

I think this qualifies me for AA.

Won $1,000 on a lottery scratch ticket. They keep 25% Fed, and 4% VA withholding (I think). If I get the full $1,000 when I get the check. That equals one more case of 9mm FMJ and 100 of the HST.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I need some Winchester 9mm NATO.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha, I ordered 300 more rounds of the Speer GD 55gr from PSA, and all I got was this stupid cell phone.

Looks like there is a broke ammoholic somewhere between between South Carolina and Texas that needed ammo more than he needed a phone. Got PSA and the UPS Police on the case. Somebody really needs an intervention, or a slap upside the head.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
That sucks, I'd rather have the ammunition.
Maybe you will be able to find the thief.

And darn it all, sgammo had Winchester 9mm NATO in stock.
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
It suck, don't it.

I was perusing around SGAmmo's site looking at 5.56, and I'm stunned by how many items are out of stock.

i think sigforum^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H lbj is responsible for this.

Fify. Smile

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig226fan:
Ha, I ordered 300 more rounds of the Speer GD 55gr from PSA, and all I got was this stupid cell phone.

When you picked up the phone, did you get a mysterious message delivered in a gravelly voice?

Since PSA doesn't sell phones (yet?), that's definitely a new one on me.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by sig226fan:

When you picked up the phone, did you get a mysterious message delivered in a gravelly voice?

Since PSA doesn't sell phones (yet?), that's definitely a new one on me.

Well whoever did is not that smart if he wanted to send a message. The phone is dead, and I only have an IPhone charger. Or maybe the dead phone is the message? Sneaky bastard, not only did he get my ammo, but playing mind games. Not cool.

Seriously, hope their most favorite body part falls off. The CS rep at PSA was a little taken aback by this as well. Definitely weird and a first for me. Have couple other shipments coming this week, so hopefully this is a one off episode.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Thinking I better buy another case or two of 9MM before long to add to the stash.

I see Brass Blazer, American Eagle, and Speer Lawman are very close in price at SGAmmo - 10.49 -11.24 box 50 when bought by the case.

Anyone think there is much difference between them not to go with Brass Blazer for 10.49? I have shot American Eagle 147 before and liked that so I may go that way. But if anyone has seen that one of them is typically most accurate out of the bunch, that could sway me.

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Thinking I better buy another case or two of 9MM before long to add to the stash.

I see Brass Blazer, American Eagle, and Speer Lawman are very close in price at SGAmmo - 10.49 -11.24 box 50 when bought by the case.

Anyone think there is much difference between them not to go with Brass Blazer for 10.49? I have shot American Eagle 147 before and liked that so I may go that way. But if anyone has seen that one of them is typically most accurate out of the bunch, that could sway me.

I have never had a problem with any of the 3 you mentioned. The only noticeable difference seems that the Speer is a bit hotter. Don't know if truly is, but that is how I perceive it. Buy a case of Speer and flip a coin for the other.

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input!

Posts: 9743 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been adding 9mm and 22 last few months

Heads up dicks sporting goods has federal automatch 325rd packs on sale for $18.74

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't have a .22 handgun for plinking around the house so I ordered a Walther P22 with laser and 1000 rounds of Winchester 40 gr HP High Velocity 1,435 FPS .22 ammo and both came in today.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Big Brown is bringing me a case of 9mm NATO tomorrow.

It's just in time too as both daughters and I are going to the range on Friday.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Service type: FedEx Ground

Packaging type: Package
Number of pieces: 2
Total shipment weight: 78.00 lb.

In transit

Scheduled delivery:
Fri, 10/14/2016 by end of day

Ammo problem? What ammo problem?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Just ordered another case of 9mm FMJ

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Just ordered another case of 9mm FMJ

Me too. I thought I was done with my pre-election buying, But it turns out I wasn't.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post