SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 44
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammoholics Anonymous Roll Call Login/Join 
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The way oldest daughter went through the 9mm yesterday, I may have to do the same.

I cut open the vinyl. The boxes of Prvi Partizan are packed 20rds/box.
They appear to be annealed and then polished all over. Primers are sealed with red sealant.
The sealant is nicely done, just a thin red outline around the primers, no streaks or smudges.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
It's super rubbery too.

I wonder if you can cut the bag into strips and make a sling shot out of them? Big Grin

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
And what would I sling, like perhaps the bad batch of Independence 5.56 ammunition I have?

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I hope to get to the range and test the PPU 5.56 this afternoon.

Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I too am an ammoholoic, but I also am a reloadingcomponetoholic.

I am too. My problem is I am running out of room to store ammo or components.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Yes, reloading components count as ammoholism for sure.

I used to reload with a single stage type press 20 years ago.
In fact, I have some 45cal Speer 200gr "flying ashtrays" somewhere or another.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
A case each of 223 and 9mm arrived yesterday.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Doing a little weightlifting I see.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thankfully, I didn't have to move it too far. Smile

Time for me to do some serious ammo organizing! Need more ammo cans!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I was sufficiently impressed enough with the Prvi Partizan M193 today at the range, I ordered the PPU M855.

Oldest daughter and I seem to be going to the range at least once a week these days, I have to keep a good supply handy.
Heck, we just went through 240 rounds of 5.56 just this week.

Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
Really bummed I missed out on the Prvi .45 blemished ammo at AIM. Couldn't get logged in properly on the mobile site and by the time I got home it was gone.

Posts: 442 | Location: Central TN | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in trying out PPU's handgun ammunition.

Part of the problem with ammoholism is that you know you have plenty of ammunition on hand, then you shoot some and need to replace it.
The replacement ammunition arrives, you put it away, but then it seems it another replacement set must ordered as a contingency... and on and on.

My magaholism served me well.
Colorado passed a law limiting new magazines to 15 rounds or less.
Fortunately, due to the nature of my disease regarding rifle mags, I was already in good shape prior to the law coming into effect.

When my time comes, my collection goes out of state to where other parts of my family live...
Texas.
My collection will live on, to the chagrin of many with their sour dour faces and attitudes.

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I'm late to this thread, but my name is Lou and I am definitely an ammoholic. Thanks for the support.

"Thousands" sounds like a lot, but as we all know, it's easy to shoot hundreds, or even thousands, in a single range outing.

My explanation:

1) For practical purposes, it doesn't go bad.
2) The price always steadily rises, and never goes down.
3) No one has ever looked at an older box of ammo with the price on it and said "gee, I wish I had bought less of this".
4) My kids and grandkids will thank me later.
5) While I'm not stockpiling for the apocalypse, ammo will allow me to get food, and be very valuable for trading if necessary.

Now the only area that I somewhat question whether or not I have a problem is that I have bought ammo in calibers for which I have no gun. But I might want one eventually. Like 5.7X28 for $14/box. I couldn't pass that up, could I?

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
When I was stockpiling ammunition in preparation for Y2K, I too thought ammunition could be used as currency in the event of a long lasting disaster.

It may still be true for a future unseen event.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
More distractions. Found a complete CETME L sight and...

Just a heads up for anyone with a 5.56 rifle with a long firing pin and a strong spring (or just a 5.56 AK). SGAmmo's got loose 1,000 round cases of steel-cased 5.56 Golden Tiger with very hard primers.

READ THE WARNING IN THE LISTING ON THE SITE, but if your rifle will work with it, it's bone-cheap.

LBeej, I've had good luck with PPU 9mm in the past. I think Sellier & Bellot is marginally better, but the two products are certainly comparable. I would definitely recommend grabbing a box or two to see if your guns like it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Based on shooting Prvi Partizan (PPU) 7.62X51 and their 5.56, I am a fan of this ammunition company from Serbia.

I have always wanted to visit Serbia ever since I was a child of about 8 years old. I used to memorize capital cities back then and liked the name Belgrade. It's in an interesting area geographically speaking as well.

Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
I would be interested in trying out PPU's handgun ammunition.

Part of the problem with ammoholism is that you know you have plenty of ammunition on hand, then you shoot some and need to replace it.
The replacement ammunition arrives, you put it away, but then it seems it another replacement set must ordered as a contingency... and on and on.

My magaholism served me well.
Colorado passed a law limiting new magazines to 15 rounds or less.
Fortunately, due to the nature of my disease regarding rifle mags, I was already in good shape prior to the law coming into effect.

When my time comes, my collection goes out of state to where other parts of my family live...
Texas.
My collection will live on, to the chagrin of many with their sour dour faces and attitudes.

Guilty as charged. I have an ungodly amount of .45 Auto on hand in ammo cans and components to load 10k more, but was trying to buy 2 more cases last night.

IMO PPU handgun ammo is excellent quality. I prefer SB and Geco because I think it's a bit hotter, but the Prvi goes bang reliably.

On a side note, I hope you're having good days and burning up a bunch of rounds with your girls.

All I have to say is I'm glad I'm into hoarding ammo and not, say, cats. I've experienced both. Ammo hoarders smell much better.

Posts: 442 | Location: Central TN | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
That begs the question.
Is it better that when one dies and when found there are like 100 cats living in a house of filth, or would it be better to be found and known as the 80 year old dead guy whose body was difficult to remove because of all the stacks of ammo cans everywhere. Eek

I know the correct answer for me.
And for you as well.

Living a strange life
Picture of jonrem
posted Hide Post
With any luck our daughters will have taken/shot up the ammo before we're even cold.

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
In a moment of weakness last night, I succumbed to a sudden trigger feeling/urge and bought 2000 more rounds. 1K 9mm and 1K 45 auto.

Back to day one. I need a 24 hour chip? Sigh.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post