SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Roy Halladay Dies in Plane Crash in Gulf of Mexico
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roy Halladay Dies in Plane Crash in Gulf of Mexico Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Holy smokes...
Vito here's gonna search youse. Don't get nervous.

Vito has a guy.....who knows a guy.....for that.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This is my thread now.

When you post in this thread, you're posting in my thread.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107484 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This is my thread now.

When you post in this thread, you're posting in my thread.

So you’re Roy Halliday? I thought you died in a plane crash, man. Welcome back!

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Are you and Rhinoso brothers as you both act a lot alike, or perhaps the same person and you're his bi=polar other half?

Don’t worry about Rhino, he’s just cranky because he’s always driving from the back seat Razz

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, I'm the guy who's here to help members stow the bullshit.

Posts: 107484 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
quote:
Are you and Rhinoso brothers as you both act a lot alike, or perhaps the same person and you're his bi=polar other half?

Don’t worry about Rhino, he’s just cranky because he’s always driving from the back seat Razz

Bahahhahahah! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by JJexp:
quote:

Bahahhahahah! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

What’s was the service ceiling on that thing, anyway? Could you guys maintain a decent cabin above 50k?

posted Hide Post
A friend of mine, while sitting in the copilot's chair, landed in the Atacama to deliver crates of tomatos from Belgium. Not exactly land and definitely not water. And little space left to take a pee.

As an aside, tomatos from Belgium are the heaviest tomatos in the world. Little-known secret. It's like they contain 99% lead.

However, The Welcome Wagon folks did not allow anyone to disembark. That took away the charm of visiting the touristy spots. Seems there was a coo' going on, and those folks were quite excited to be involved in the tomato-throwing festival.

Does that count?

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my friend's behalf, the crates were clearly marked as Produce of Belgium. Tomatos. Or perhaps tomatoes. Probably a linguistical thing...you say tomato, I say tomatoes.

I had no idea that tomatos/tomatoes were such a huge thing in the Atacama.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't be Chile, without tomatoes.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43863 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last met Mike in 1987. First thing he said was, "I thought you were dead". He had read somewhere that a person with my name had had a lovely funeral service. After expressing his condolences Big Grin , it was as if we had already met the day before. Don't know if he's dead, if I meet him again I should say, "I thought you were dead".

This thread reminded me of him. As a pilot, he never took things for granted. Relied on knowledge, experience and the occasional I-think-this-might-work thing. If not, the Boss would have been very angry.

I'm certain Mr. Halladay was not taught to treat his plane as a Stuka. Not part of the certification. The more I think about it--- sunny day, sun 12 high, water as flat as a plate, 4 feet deep, the more I believe that he thought he would be able to pull up in time. Unnecessary risk. Perception error.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:

I'm certain Mr. Halladay was not taught to treat his plane as a Stuka. Not part of the certification. The more I think about it--- sunny day, sun 12 high, water as flat as a plate, 4 feet deep, the more I believe that he thought he would be able to pull up in time. Unnecessary risk. Perception error.

It can happen to the best of us.

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OhYCMk3qsSw

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
He's one up on me there. I have never seen, nor even heard of a 412.

Posts: 21097 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It can happen to the best of us.

Reminded me of, "Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear".

Or as Descartes would say, "Your eyes can deceive you".

For all we know, he might have answered his phone shortly before the crash. Or texted. Or posted in Facebook. Confused

posted Hide Post
"When former Major League Baseball pitcher Roy Halladay died in a plane crash in November, he had amphetamines, morphine and the sleep aid zolpidem in his system, according to an autopsy report..."

"The presence of those drugs alone does not mean the pilot was impaired, however. That determination has to be made by the federal agency, which has yet to release a final report.

"At this point you can’t assess impairment solely based on the drug concentrations," Goldberger said. "You have to wait for the NTSB to weigh in on their investigation. They’ll likely be able to assess the role of the drugs in the accident."

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Ok, a lot of baseball pros take Adderall...with all that Adderall, he can't sleep, so he takes Ambien (Zolipedim).

Why the morphine?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Ignore that man behind the curtain! Big Grin

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1929 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
V-Tail said:
quote:
Jimmy also states that he has flown in a Cessna 412. He's one up on me there. I have never seen, nor even heard of a 412. In the 400 series, I have flown 402, 411, 414, and 421, but never heard of a 412.

My wife and I owned a Cessna 401 and a Cessna 421 for awhile and loved them both as well as the other 17 aircraft we owned as a FBO and flight operations company.

I also have been through the Bell 412 school and have flown them as well. The 412 is basically a twin engine HUEY with four main rotor blades instead of two. Great aircraft and smooth flying as well.

Having read this thread I am not sure how it degenerated into a verbal abuse thread. But, it is a hoot to read all the posts.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Hong Kong was the scary one, aim for the cross on The Hill then break away to line up and land on the runway. But your doing it in a 747-400 so it was a little more exciting.

Kai Tak more so, but the current VHHH Chep Lap Kok field is a very easy arrival, approach, and landing, and only a bit more challenging departure in weather in a heavy 747. I have done it many times.

The tram back down the hill on the tram, from the big Buddah adjacent to the field, is far more unnerving.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post