SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A little help on replacement light bulb
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little help on replacement light bulb Login/Join 
posted
Selling my departed parent's house soon and a bit overwhelmed. I'd greatly appreciate help, such as what is it and where I can get replacements, including online, for the following semi-recessed directional light.

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The important part is the the back of the bulb where it screws into the socket.

I have bulbs that are similar looking from the front. The last time i had to buy one, they had it at Home Despot.

Edit: That was quick, or the page didn't load correctly when I first saw it. Now see both ends. I would try HD for that. Look close and in the depths of the light bulb rack. They may be buried at the end, but they may be there.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck on 1000bulbs.com.

Posts: 6455 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
I've had good luck on 1000bulbs.com.

I second this. They sell themselves short with 1000.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
There should be a part number on the base.

This place has good prices on bulbs:

http://www.esplighting.com

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I guess we will finally get the answer to that age old riddle ...How many SigForumites does it take to change a lightbulb?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ChicagoSigMan,

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I guess we will finally get the answer to that is all the riddle ...How many SigForumites does it take to change a lightbulb?

None. SigForum members aren’t afraid of the dark. Cool

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
it's 120 Volt -- right?

Some track lighting etc isn't.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10905 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Order on amazon. I'm a Prime member, so I don't know about non-Prime bennies, but for Prime peeps, no charge for returns. That said, it looks like an E-17 size halogen bulb, but it could be an LED.

Posts: 590 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This might finally be the question that no Sig Forum member has the answer to...

Posts: 13096 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks a lot like a 40 watt par 16 halogen bulb if it is 120 vac rated. Dimensions might be helpful or check some other bulbs like it for written info.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
This might finally be the question that no Sig Forum member has the answer to...

Not if he’d get out a macro lense and really good lighting and take pics all around the base. If there are no legible markings pull out the others and check. Alternatively get a magnifying glass and read it us. Wink

I’ve use a bulb reference website online to narrow these down in past n

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Is there a Batteries [and bulbs] Plus store near you?

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would go to Lowes, like them better than HD because of the military discount. If it wasn't so high to ship stuff, I would send you some of those, still (I think) have some spares in stock from some long gone ceiling lights.

Posts: 1642 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: June 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Lowe’s/Home Depot may or may not have that bulb. I need a better pic. Then again the op may have already found what he needs.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
What does the fixture look like?

Depending on what will physically fit, work, reflect > get a LED replacement.

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

With recessed lighting, you’d be surprised.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

PAR16 50w

Amazon link

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Did my answer work?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post