SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ATF called today for a trace on a handgun
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ATF called today for a trace on a handgun Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
Of all the firearms I've bought since 1994, an FFL has never given or offered me a copy of the 4473 I filled out..

The original poster was the FFL holder who sold the gun in question not the purchaser.

Posts: 528 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It was routine to run a trace on EVERY gun we recovered at the PD....

We also had a guy who's sole job was to liaise with ATF so that we could send our usual suspects thru the Federal system if the chance arose...the Fed judges gave really good time when sentencing came around...

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Well I'm still an FFL/SOT. Current one is a different license though. There was about a several year gap between the two.

same with me,

FFL\SOT was my fathers as a sole propietor,
then I ran it as a successor when he passed,

once that lapsed, I skipped a couple of years and my brother and I got a FFL\SOT, similar name, (he had 2 business, we kept one, closed the other)

Tracing center called me one day, lady on the phone got really pissy when I told her I could not give her the information she requested,

once she calmed down, I told her that business did not exist, the local guys had picked up the bound books and 4473's and they may still be in the local office,

this was maybe a year after I had help load them in his car,,

she was even more pissed that the tracing center had not received them yet,, betting she lit someone up at the local office

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post