SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Transportation question (help) Re: Kubota Tractor.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Transportation question (help) Re: Kubota Tractor. Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
After selling my JD955 Tractor. Considering buying an excavator or skid steer or another, bigger tractor. Evaluating my budget and what I was going to be able to get in that budget. Figuring maintenance, cost, my labor and time etc.

We ended up buyING a used L5030 Kubota HST 50hp Rops, 4wd tractor with approx 1500hrs and a good history for a fair price in this market.

I bought it from a Tractor Dealer in Central Texas.

What I need is to get it to W. MT. from Central TX. It is approx. 1700 miles.

It is basically about like transporting a smaller car. Weighs right at 4000lbs. Is maybe 12-14' max.

So I am looking for suggestions on who I can hire to transport this tractor To Missoula, MT. or Maybe Cour de lane, Id. from Cen. TX.

Please help me out guys.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Where in central TX? Just a town name is fine. I have a friend here in Southern Colorado that moves cars, motorcycles, trucks, heavy equipment, and most anything else across country. Once I know a location to location, I can ask what he'd charge.

If you'd like to email me, that would be fine too.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Denton, County. Thanks Bigpond.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I had a good experience with uship based on a recommendation from someone on SIGForum. I'd assume you could ship a running tractor.

USHIP

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
I'd assume you could ship a running tractor.

USHIP

old rugged cross,

You plan on turning it off before shipping correct? Big Grin

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
ASAP Transport Solutions.

I had good luck with them shipping a car up here for me and the price was reasonable. Not sure if they'll do a tractor, but it's worth a call.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Did the Tractor Dealer you purchased the Tractor from have any suggestions?

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4823 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I would imaging getting that from Texas to Montana would run a couple of grand, just based on a quick Google search. Here is one outfit that does tractors: Here.

IDK, maybe renting any half ton V8 with an 18 foot tandem trailer would be cheaper???

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check your email. I sent you the name of a freight broker that I have used who does tractors.

Posts: 581 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post