SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Expedia names Chelsea Clinton to board of directors
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Expedia names Chelsea Clinton to board of directors Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
Source:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/1...-board-of-directors/

In a public filing posted Friday, the travel site said it named Clinton -- the daughter of Hillary Clinton -- as a member of its board on Thursday.
Expedia (EXPE) said Clinton will be paid "in accordance with the company's standard compensation policies" for board members.
According to an Expedia proxy statement from August, non-employee directors were paid a $45,000 "annual retainer" and awarded $250,000 worth of stock in 2015.
Board members who served on various committees were paid an additional $10,000 to $20,000. But Expedia said in a filing that Clinton "has not been appointed to serve as a member of any committee."
Related: Chelsea Clinton embraces her Twitter sass
Clinton serves on the board of one other corporation: IAC/InterActive Corp (IAC), the company that owns websites including Dictionary.com, About.com, Vimeo, Investopedia and The Daily Beast.
She also sits on the boards of the Clinton Foundation's Clinton Health Access Initiative, the School of American Ballet, the Africa Center, and Weill Cornell Medical College. She's also co-chair of the advisory board for New York University's Of Many Institute.

That eliminates Expedia from any travel plans I would have.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Should have named Ivanka ~ if would have been more productive. Eek

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Should have named Ivanka ~ if would have been more productive. Eek

No, she would try to run the business. And probably would put many board members to shame. Chelsea is easy because it scores several SJW points, and she knows to collect the check and keep her mouth shut. Which shows how backward they and Chelsea are on women's issues.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Source:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/1...-board-of-directors/

In a public filing posted Friday, the travel site said it named Clinton -- the daughter of Hillary Clinton -- as a member of its board on Thursday.

That eliminates Expedia from any travel plans I would have.

Ditto.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:

interesting that they don't call her Bill Clinton's daughter...you know - him being President and all

I guess Webb wasn't available for comment Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Never a penny from me. I had enough of their shit to last a lifetime.

Hmmm. Maybe we should give those lefties a payback. How bout a boycott on Expedia... yeah!!!

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Stupid is as stupid does. Screw expedia excrement and der Kintons.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16204 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Barry Diller is chairman of both IAC and Expedia. This is his doing. This is another one of her 'no show' gigs where she gets north of 350K per year to attend a couple of meetings. Along with her IAC gig she pulls in close to a million a year to sit in on 5 or 6 meetings a year. Much like her NBC gig where she got 600K a year for 2 or 3 'special reports'.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/17/c...y-expedia-board-gig/
quote:
The filing didn’t go into what Clinton will do for Expedia, except to say she’ll be rewarded “in accordance with the company’s standard compensation policies.”

The most recent Expedia proxy puts that compensation at $295,000, consisting of a $45,000 cash retainer and $250,000 in trade-restricted stock.

That’s just shy of Clinton’s $299,936 compensation — $50,000 cash and $249,936 in stock — for sitting on IAC’s board.

And while the two gigs promise plenty of coin for only a handful of meetings, bear in mind The Post pegged Clinton “a million-dollar baby” two years ago.

She has since given up a few stints — most notably a $600,000 salary for being a special NBC correspondent.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
After Hillary claims the Clintons aren't 'really rich' Chelsea (who's married to a hedge funder, lives in a $11m home, and is paid $600,000 for doing nothing) says 'I tried to care about money but I couldn't'

Yeah, it's easy to 'not care about money' when you're married to a hedge fund guy, live in an 11 million dollar apartment and get close to a million a year to attend a couple of meetings.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
...She has since given up a few stints — most notably a $600,000 salary for being a special NBC correspondent.

Remind me again what her qualifications for that job were...

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Anybody who thinks we have seen the last of the Clinton's better guess again. And I don't mean just Chelsea.

This is why Trump needs to continue this email investigation and crush this crime family. It's low hanging fruit and he refuses to touch it.

Any real political revolution and getting America back to it's greatness begins with this, with bringing the Clinton's and as many of their confederates as possible to a real and harsh accountability.

Until that is done there will be no real change or temporary change at best.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8527 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mother and daughter are both planning a run.

I hope its another shutout.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

My dad is a serial rapist and as president used his power to get blowjobs in the white house.
My mom as secretary of state sold state favors for family foundation donations.
My father in law went to prison for corruption.
My husband closed down his hedge fund after losing 90% value.
I am surrounded by excellent role models.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Use them to book a hotel room for my wife last year. they screwed it up and never told us until I called the hotel to confirm. they said they do it quite often. thankfully the hotel cleared it up at their expense.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

My dad is a serial rapist and as president used his power to get blowjobs in the white house.
My mom as secretary of state sold state favors for family foundation donations.
My father in law went to prison for corruption.
My husband closed down his hedge fund after losing 90% value.
I am surrounded by excellent role models.

Nailed it! They are all as crooked as can be, and I'm sure young Chelsea will do them proud.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
That name does open alot of doors for that family, too bad it doesn't close one like a prison cell door. I can only hope.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greco:
Never a penny from me. I had enough of their shit to last a lifetime.

Hmmm. Maybe we should give those lefties a payback. How bout a boycott on Expedia... yeah!!!

YUP, my thoughts exactly. I won't be using Expedia anymore.....like ever....

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
No more Expedia for me.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I've never booked anything through Expedia, and I never will now.

Guess Mommy & Daddy pulled some strings as she clearly has no skills to earn a position like that.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
Hotels.com, the Obvious choice.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post