SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a good gun toting leather belt.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a good gun toting leather belt. Login/Join 
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
I mean the second one. Leather like the Texas Rangers wear.

quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Thanks everyone. I am guessing no one is using a Ranger style belt? After looking at it more, it seems that placing a belt holster and mag holder on and off may be a problem with the Ranger style.
By Ranger belt, do you mean the:
  • nylon harness-like belts such as Wilderness' Original Instructor's Belt
  • leather Western style belt like the Texas Rangers used to wear

If it's the first, I rarely ever wear it for CCW but I do wear it at the range. Got too fat for my Wilderness, but I surprisingly like the Uncle Mike's just as well.

If it's the 2nd, it isn't my style but I suspect the Cowboy action shooters have a preference.

As far as my EDC belts:
  • I have a leather Beltman from the original owner. 8+ years old and saw a ton of use its first 5 years. Has held up well and is a darn good belt.
  • In May 2016, I bought 2 Armour belts. A 1.25" wide belt I wear every day to work but have only carried a gun with it a few times. A 1.5" wide embossed belt that I wear on weekends and evening and it's my primary carry belt. Both are fantastic and slightly prefer over Beltman.
  • In 2017, I bought a pair of Lucchese full quill ostrich boots and decided I needed a belt to go with it. In May '17, I bought an Armour Belt with full quill ostrich inlays. I only wear once or twice a month but I really like it and get tons of compliments.
  •  
    Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The Unmanned Writer
    Picture of LS1 GTO
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Skins2881:
    quote:
    Originally posted by 1967Goat:
    Love my Armour gun belt. Got one for my dad too.

Love mine as well, got one for my wife too.

Another vote here too.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Something wild
    is loose
    Picture of Doc H.
    posted Hide Post
    Milt Sparks

Been my go-to. Long delivery time for orders though....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Man Once
    Child Twice
    posted Hide Post
    Another vote for Armour. He makes nice stuff.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    There is a world elsewhere
    Picture of Echtermetzger
    posted Hide Post
    Great, now that this question is answered, it's time to move on to the next important question that is never asked here.

Which is better? SIG or Glock

A well balanced breakfast being necessary to the start of a healthy day, the right of the people to keep and eat food shall not be infringed.

Posts: 6685 | Location: The hard land of the Winter | Registered: April 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts
    Picture of GRIZZLYBEAR
    posted Hide Post
    I use Mitch Rosen

Posts: 1895 | Location: SOMEWHERE IN,, PA USA | Registered: May 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    AG Custom Gunleather. Agcustomgunleather.com.

Posts: 636 | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    7.62mm Crusader
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by BennerP220:
    Thanks everyone. I am guessing no one is using a Ranger style belt? After looking at it more, it seems that placing a belt holster and mag holder on and off may be a problem with the Ranger style.
    Thats something to consider. I havn't seen a Ranger style belt of 1 1/5".

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    silence is acceptance
    Picture of birddog1
    posted Hide Post
    Another vote for Armour

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    quarter MOA visionary
    Picture of smschulz
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Echtermetzger:
    Great, now that this question is answered, it's time to move on to the next important question that is never asked here.

Which is better? SIG or Glock

If you have to ask? Smile

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Road Dog
    Picture of BennerP220
    posted Hide Post
    I appreciate most of your responses, the helpful ones. I never understood why someone would post in a thread just to say something negative.

Anyway, now I'm wondering if bisonhide is better than regular cowhide. Anyone?

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    california
    tumbles into the sea
    posted Hide Post
    hanks gunner utility. made in the U.S.A. 100 year warranty.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of crand16
    posted Hide Post
    I've had good luck with A Better Belt USA. They have good prices and great customer services.

Posts: 219 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: January 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod..._title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have had great luck with this Aker leather belt from Amazon. Rock solid.

May our caskets be made of hundred-year oak, and may we plant those trees tomorrow.

Posts: 813 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: January 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I received a new belt from Beltman , the other day .
    four days ahead of scheduled delivery .
    https://www.thebeltman.net/

he does impressive work at a fair price.

I wish I needed four more , I'd know where to go .

at my age , this may be the last belt I need .
    two thumbs up

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I bought two from here about 20 years ago

https://epsaddlery.com/

They dye is wearing off in a couple of places but they are still going strong.

I also ordered on from Amour Belts about 5 years ago, the billet is starting to fray a bit but is is an exotic, it is built with stingray over the leather.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    His diet consists of black
    coffee, and sarcasm.
    Picture of egregore
    posted Hide Post
    I can recommend, from over a decade of use and still looks good, Beltman. If I were to order another one it would be with seven holes three-quarters of an inch apart, rather than the standard five holes one inch apart. Since first buying it my waistline has changed slightly, now it is a little too tight with the third (center) hole from the end, a little loose with the second hole.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Just because you can,
    doesn't mean you should
    posted Hide Post
    Unless you want something ultra fancy that they don't offer, Beltman is the best value for a quality belt. As good as any out there, just for a little less $$.
    All the quality holster makers that make belts are also excellent but usually more expensive with a longer wait time (in most cases).
    Beltman has chosen to stick with belts. I think the original owner has passed the torch to younger members of the family but they have maintained excellent quality and service so it's invisible to the customer.

Posts: 9507 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Recondite Raider
    Picture of lizardman_u
    posted Hide Post
    I have purchased a couple belts from Countryboy, and they are fantastic in worksmanship and quality.

I also purchased an 1 1/4 inch water buffalo hide double thickness belt from bullhidebelts.com.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Another Armour belt user here. Very stiff, does not sag even with the heaviest of weapons.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post